Retrieves channels (and category headers) that would be displayed in Blizzards ChannelFrame.
name, header, collapsed, channelNumber, count, active, category, voiceEnabled, voiceActive = GetChannelDisplayInfo(i);
- item id (ChannelFrame can display a combined maximum of 20 channels and headers; see MAX_CHANNEL_BUTTONS and use API GetNumDisplayChannels)
- (for channels) channel name
(for headers) name of the header
- true if this item is a header (e.g. for category "CHANNEL_CATEGORY_WORLD")
- (for headers) true if subchannels are hidden (header is collapsed)
- (for channels) channel number
- (for channels) number of players in this channel
(for headers) number of subchannels beneath this header
- (for channels) true if channel is active (if you leave a city where you were in Trade Channel the channel will remain as inactive)
- (for channels) "CHANNEL_CATEGORY_WORLD", "CHANNEL_CATEGORY_GROUP" or "CHANNEL_CATEGORY_CUSTOM"
- true if voice is enabled for this channel
- true if voice is currently active (someone is speaking)
I didn't test this function in detail. But it looks very powerful and could help keeping an eye on joined channels.
Just look into ChannelFrame.lua for more information.