→ WoW API
Returns the number of the continent the world map is currently showing
continent = GetCurrentMapContinent();
- Number - Indicates which continent (from GetMapContinents()) the map is currently showing, or 0 for all.
- -1 - if showing the cosmic map or a Battleground map. Also when showing The Scarlet Enclave, the Death Knights' starting area.
- 0 - if showing the entire world of Azeroth (all three continents - Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms & Northrend)
- 1 - if showing the first continent (currently Kalimdor), or a zone map within it.
- 2 - if showing the second continent (currently Eastern Kingdoms), or a zone map within it.
- 3 - if showing the Outland, or a zone map within it.
- 4 - if showing Northrend, or a zone map within it.
local continent = GetCurrentMapContinent();
- Note that the value returned represents the map display, and not necessarily the player's actual location. The SetMapToCurrentZone() function will reset the values to represent the player's location.
- However for macros since, the map display is reset to the players location when the world map is closed, this can be used as the players location.