|This is no longer a part of the World of Warcraft API.|
- Use UnitAura (or derived functions) to retrieve information about buffs.
- It was removed in patch 3.0.
← WoW API
Retrieve info about a certain player buff of a certain type.
buffIndex, untilCancelled = GetPlayerBuff(buffId, buffFilter);
- number: The id of the buff to retrieve. Starts at 1 and goes up to 16.
- (String buffFilter)
- The "filter" to use when selecting buffs. Will affect what types of buffs are retrieved.
- Verified buffFilters:
- Theoretically, buffFilters can be any combination of HELPFUL, HARMFUL, PASSIVE, CANCELABLE, NOT_CANCELABLE according to comments in the source code.
- The index of the buff. Mainly to use for other GetPlayerBuffXYZ functions. If zero, there is no such buff.
- If 1, this buff will last until it is cancelled (Aura, Aspect, Stealth).
local buffIndex, untilCancelled = GetPlayerBuff(0, "HELPFUL|HARMFUL|PASSIVE");
- Retrieves buff info about the first buff you have.