→ WoW API
A one-time call to SetMapToCurrentZone() is required before GetPlayerMapPosition() will return the correct values.
Returns the position of a unit on the current map
posX, posY = GetPlayerMapPosition("unit");
- String - The unitId for which the position is returned. Does not work with all unit types. Works with "player", "partyN" or "raidN" as unit type. In particular, it does not work on pets. This was to disable range-checking mods.
- posX, posY
- Number - X value of the unit position (a proportion between 0 and 1, relative to WorldMapDetailFrame)
- Number - Y value of the unit position (a proportion between 0 and 1, relative to WorldMapDetailFrame)
- If both posX and posY are exactly 0, the position is unknown, unknowable, or not valid for the current map, i.e.
- The player is inside of a classic instance. Northrend instance will return non-zero map coordinates, but classic instances will always return (0, 0).
- The map hasn't been updated yet; either open the map or use SetMapToCurrentZone() after entering a new zone
- An unsupported unitId was given.
- You're actually at 0,0 in a given map, which although its unlikely, its perfectly possible and legal.
local posX, posY = GetPlayerMapPosition("player");