→ WoW API
Returns PVP info for the current zone.
pvpType, isFFA, faction = GetZonePVPInfo();
- String - One of the following values:
- "arena", if you are in an arena
- "friendly", if the zone is controlled by the faction the player belongs to.
- "contested" if the zone is contested (PvP server only)
- "hostile", if the zone is controlled by the opposing faction.
- "sanctuary", if the zone is a sanctuary and does not allow pvp combat (2.0.x).
- "combat", if it is a combat zone where players are automatically flagged for PvP combat (3.0.x). Currently applies only to the Wintergrasp zone.
- nil, if the zone is none of the above. Happens inside instances, including battlegrounds, and on PvE servers when the zone would otherwise be "contested".
- Integer - 1 if in a free-for-all arena, nil otherwise.
- String - the name of the faction controlling the zone if pvpType is "friendly" or "hostile".
local zone = GetRealZoneText() .. " - " .. tostring(GetSubZoneText()); local pvpType, isFFA, faction = GetZonePVPInfo(); if (pvpType == "friendly" or pvpType == "hostile") then zone = zone .. " is controlled by " .. faction .. " (" .. pvpType .. ")"; elseif (pvpType == "sanctuary") then zone = zone .. " is a PvP-free sanctuary."; elseif (isFFA) then zone = zone .. " is a free-for-all arena."; else zone = zone .. " is a contested zone."; end DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(zone);
Displays information about the current zone in the default chat frame. Example outputs include:
Stormwind CIty - War Room is controlled by Alliance (friendly) Alterac Valley - Dun Baldar Pass is a contested zone.