Sylvanas assisted to a secret meeting with the dreadlords Varimathras, Detheroc and Balnazzar. There they planed to defeat Arthas Menethil and take over the Lordaeron once again. Sylvanas agreed but doing as she will.
- Balnazzar: "Lady Sylvanas. We are pleased that you came."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "How could I not? For some reason I no longer hear the Lich King's voice in my head. My will is my own once again."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "You dreadlords seem to know why."
- Varimathras: "We've discovered that the Lich King is losing his power! As it wanes, so too does his ability to command undead such as you."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "And what of King Arthas? What about his powers?"
- Balnazzar: "Though his runeblade, Frostmourne, carries powerful enchantments, Arthas' own powers will fade in time. It is inevitable."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "You seek to overthrow him, and you want my help to do it."
- Detheroc: "The Legion may be defeated, but we are the Nathrezim! We'll not let some upstart human get the best of us! Arthas must fall!"
- Balnazzar: "The lich, Kel'Thuzad, is far too loyal to betray his master. But you, on the other hand..."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "Hate him. I have my own reasons for seeking vengeance. Arthas murdered my people and turned me into this... monstrosity."
- Sylvanas Windrunner: "I may take part in your bloody coup, but I will do so in my own way. "
- Balnazzar: "I, for one, do not trust her. Her heart is still elven. She will never side with us. "
- Varimathras: "Don't be too hasty. She has great spirit, but her hatred for Arthas will ultimately serve our cause."
- Detheroc: "Agreed. Well, if that's settled--let the festivities commence."