Abolish Poison is a dispel-over-time of poison,available at level 26.
- Has the same mana cost as Cure Poison.
- Does not require Cure Poison to learn. Although functionally better in every way, Abolish Poison does not remove Cure Poison from the spellbook.
Tips and tactics
- Can be useful for getting rid of poisons that stack in higher level areas.
- Try to keep up Abolish Poison constantly versus Rogues, and as much as possible versus Hunters. It is always the last-applied poison that is dispelled, so advanced PvPers try to cover a dangerous venom like Viper Sting with a minor venom like Snake Trap.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now ticks every 3 sec, up from every 2. Now lasts 12 sec., up from 8.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Can now be used in Moonkin form.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Cure Poison, Abolish Poison and Remove Curse range increased to 40 yards (up from 30 yards).