|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.|
|Location||Restoration, Tier 3|
|Affects||Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide|
Ancestral Healing is a Shaman talent in the Restoration tree. It causes your critical heals to reduce the physical damage taken by the target healed for 15 seconds. It does not stack with the holy priest's third tier talent Inspiration.
|Rank||Physical damage reduction|
- Since the talent is based on crits, anything that increases crit chance will increase the uptime of the buff. Talents like Tidal Mastery, Thundering Strikes, and Blessing of the Eternals are thus very useful.
- Using Chain Heal can cause any or all of the targets to get the buff, as the spell has a separate chance to crit on each target.
- While the talent doesn't specify, critical heals from your Earth Shield will not trigger this effect.
Talent improvement Edit
Tips and tactics Edit
- If a tank you're healing is taking a heavy beating, you can use Tidal Force to greatly increase the chance of a critical heal, causing this talent to proc and thus reducing the physical damage taken by the tank.
- Since the buff can be dispelled, many PvP builds spend one point in Ancestral Healing just to use it as a dispel buffer for more important buffs like Bloodlust or Earth Shield.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 3/7/10% instead of increasing the target's armor.