Anti-Magic Zone is a Death knight talent available at level 57. It allows the death knight to protect him/herself and his/her allies from harmful magic. A large, stationary bubble will form around the death knight, surrounding him/her and all of his/her allies. Spell damage done to all party members inside of the zone is reduced by 75%, lasting 10 seconds or until it absorbs a certain amount of spell damage (modified by strength).
- Anti-Magic Zone is extremely useful for tanks in magic-heavy fights such as Malygos as well as for PVPers in arena. It is useful in obvious situations such as against a free-casting Mage or Warlock, but it should be noted that it is helpful against less obvious classes, such as rogues, where it will absorb 75% of Wound Poison procs and Envenoms.
- Chaining this back-to-back with Anti-Magic Shell makes the Death Knight a very frightening opponent for any spell caster.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Updated.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This ability will no longer cause strange absorb messages in the combat log and floating combat text.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): This ability’s duration has been cut to 10 seconds.