|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
- There's only one safe place to stand, and it's occupied.
Arcane Explosion is a core mage ability learned at level 18. It is a point blank area of effect spell that deals arcane damage to all enemies within 10 yards of the caster. It is used most often to quickly kill many weak enemies. It is often abbreviated as "AE".
This spell is very popular. In instances especially, there are often groups of small non-elites either alone or surrounding a "leader" elite. Some instance groups bring a mage along solely to quickly deal with these pests. You won't mind being pigeonholed this way... it's both fun and a challenge to test your ability to stay alive.
This is used by higher level characters for farming instances for friends, and game friends usually. It can be used for other farming purposes as well.
The 5 piece set bonus from the Netherwind Regalia set will increase the radius of the spell by 25%, for a 12.5 yd radius.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Arcane Explosion damage has been increased by 30%.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Reduced the mana cost of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): The damage cap for area of effect damage on this spell has been increased by approximately 50%.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): The spell no longer has a base cast of 1.5 seconds; now instant cast and will no longer remove the Presence of Mind effect when used.