- Arcane energy surged through her as she drew deep from her own power.
Arcane Power is a mage ability learned at level 62 for those who have chosen the Arcane specialization. For a short period of time it increases damage output at the expense of increased mana cost. This ability is one of the mage's best burst damage tools, and it is often combined with other burst damage abilities and items.
Casting Arcane Power does not trigger the Global Cooldown.
- Arcane Power is dispelled as a magic buff.
- Combine this spell with other damage-enhancing abilities such as Presence of Mind, various damage trinkets, and other buffs for maximum burst damage.
- Prior to the Cataclysm, a mage with Arcane Power was often referred to as a Three-Minute Mage.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Arcane Power now has its tooltip updated when Glyph of Arcane Power is active.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Now increases damage and mana cost by 20%, cooldown reduced to 2 minutes. Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This ability will no longer stack with Power Infusion. If you gain both at the same time, Arcane Power will take precedence.