|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
Arcane Shot is an instant hunter ability learned at level one.
Modified by Edit
- Its instant cast speed makes it useful when it comes to burst damage. It is very useful in PvP and for kiting, where mobility is key.
- Arcane Shot deals arcane damage which bypasses armor, but can be partially resisted.
- Though it deals magic damage, Arcane Shot is not considered a spell and gains no benefit from spellpower, spell hit, or spell critical strike.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Arcane Shot now deals 125% ranged weapon damage (up from 100%) and had its focus cost increased by 50%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Arcane Shot damage has been increased by 15%.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Arcane Shot is available at level 1 after creation and is therefore free.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Mana cost lowered to match the cost of Steady Shot.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Marked for Death now also affects Arcane Shot.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Dispel 1 Magic effect removed. 
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): Ranks 1-5 will once again deal bonus damage based on attack power.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Arcane Shot (Ranks 6 and above) now dispel 1 Magic effect in addition to their normal damage.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Casting lower ranks of Arcane Shot than your maximum rank will now reduce the bonus you receive from attack power.; The tooltips for this ability in 2.0.12 were incorrect and have been fixed in 2.1.0. The damage dealt by maximum rank Arcane Shot is unchanged from 2.0.12 to 2.1.0; only the tooltip is changed.
- Patch 2.0.6 (23-Jan-2007): The base damage for Arcane Shot has been reduced by about 9% and the bonus damage from ranged attack power reduced from 20% to 15%
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Casting lower ranks of Arcane Shot than your maximum rank will now reduce the bonus you receive from attack power.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): The tooltips for quick Hunter shots have been updated to show them as instant abilities.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown.