|Arcatraz loading graphic|
|Location||Tempest Keep, Netherstorm|
|Race(s)|| Blood elf|
|End boss||Harbinger Skyriss|
|The Mechanar (5)|
|The Botanica (5)|
|The Arcatraz (5)|
|The Eye (25)|
The Arcatraz is the third wing of the Tempest Keep instance and is a prison where the Naaru jailed the most terrifying and dangerous creatures they encountered on their journeys. Among the inmates of the Arcatraz are agents of the black dragonflight, demons of the Burning Legion, and even servants of the mighty Old Gods. When Kael'thas and his followers took the Keep, he sent a warden and guards to the Arcatraz. Kael's blood elves, however, were corruptible and the prisoners have begun to break free...
Access into the Arcatraz is obtained through one of these methods:
- Using a key: This requires completing a quest chain that includes completion of both the Mechanar and the Botanica, and begins with a long quest chain called from Nether-Stalker Khay'ji in Area 52.
- Lockpicking by a Rogue with a lockpicking skill of at least 350.
- A Blacksmith can use a Cobalt Skeleton Key to unlock the door. (A Titanium Skeleton Key will also work.)
- An Engineer can use a Elemental Seaforium Charge to blast open the door.
- Mages can also stand outside the locked doorway and use their Blink spell to "jump" through the locked doorway without the need for the key. NOTE: This may have been fixed in a recent patch. Mage can no longer blink through the door.
Note: Only one member of your group needs the key. However, unlike other locked instances, the door cannot be opened from the inside, and leaving the instance (either by walking out, logging out, or dying and releasing) will require the door to be unlocked again in order for you to reenter.
As with the other Tempest Keep instances, every member of the group needs a flying mount (or flying form, if a druid) to reach the instance entrance. If you cannot fly you may be summoned by a Warlock instead; the minimum level to enter the instance is 65.
One full run yields about 1800, and one full heroic run yields about 2500 reputation with the Sha'tar.
Note that entry to the heroic version of the Arcatraz, Mechanar, or Botanica requires the Warpforged Key.
The Arcatraz is probably one of the only areas in the game with man'ari eredar trash mobs.
In name and function, the Arcatraz is a reference to Alcatraz, the island prison near San Francisco, California.
Dungeon Denizens Edit
- Air elemental (one, Akkiris Lightning-Waker)
- Arcane guardians
- Black drakonid (one, Blackwing Drakonaar)
- Blood elves
- Broken (one, Udalo)
- Man'ari eredar
- Flamewaker (one, Sulfuron Magma-Thrower)
- Floating eyes
- Gnome (one, Millhouse Manastorm)
- Imp (one, Blazing Trickster)
- Mana surge (one, Third Fragment Guardian)
- Qiraji prophet (one, Harbinger Skyriss)
- Shivarra (one, Dalliah the Doomsayer)
- Twilight drakonid (one, Twilight Drakonaar)
- Void lords
- Void terrors
- Voidwraith (one, Zereketh the Unbound)
- Warp stalker (one, Phase-Hunter)
- Wrathguard (one, Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates)
- Zereketh the Unbound
- Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates
- Dalliah the Doomsayer
- Warden Mellichar (non-combat)
- - - - - - The three random mini-boss encounters (see Encounters above) before Harbinger Skyriss
- Harbinger Skyriss
Trash Mobs Edit
|Arcatraz Sentinel||Immune to taunt, and occasionally resets aggro. At low health (about 5%) they glow blue then explode for 4k - 5k damage. Does ~1k arcane charge aoe damage after they're dead, until the blue glow disappears. Can be freeze trapped by a hunter.||Does the arcane charge throughout the fight, not just after destruction|
|Death Watcher||At about 50% health, casts Mark of Death on anyone in line of sight. If the Death Watcher is still alive when the debuff wears off then everyone that had it takes 5000 - 5500 shadow damage. The Death Watcher can also cast Drain Life on someone to restore 5k health. Drain Life is considered a magic effect and is dispellable from the tank.||Mark of Death now causes 10k - 11k damage when it wears off.|
|Entropic Eye|| Uses a cone attack called Tentacle Cleave every 6 seconds and casts|
|Eredar Deathbringer||Unholy Aura does 750 damage.|
|Ethereum Life-Binder|| Similar to a priest; can be mind controlled. Casts:||Immune to mind control, but can be seduced or sheeped. Kill first or CC.|
|Ethereum Slayer||Basic melee class. Occasionally uses||Immune to mind control.|
|Ethereum Wave-Caster||Casts:||Immune to mind control.|
|Gargantuan Abyssal||Immune to banish and enslave.||Meteor does 20k total instead of 10k, which can be significant even when split five ways.|
|Negaton Screamer|| Absorbs the first spell from a school of magic (arcane, fire, frost, holy, nature or shadow) that hits the Screamer and applies a shield absorbing 75% of all damage from that school:
The absorbed school of magic is converted into an offensive bolt of energy based on spell school absorbed:
The spell school-absorbing shield is dropped as soon as the volley has been cast. Also casts
|Negaton Warp-Master|| Occasionally places a
| Gaping Maw causes 1140 to 1260 damage every 3 seconds.|
Infectious Poison deals 1020 to 1380 damage.
|Protean Spawn||Non-elite mobs spawned from blood elf corpses, or by a person with Incubation on them from a Protean Nightmare. They spawn in pairs. Uses:|
|Sargeron Hellcaller||Immune to all forms of crowd control. Casts:||Incinerate does 4300 to 7300 damage.|
|Sargeron Archer||Uses a hooked net to immobilize a party member, usually the tank. Uses scattershot on a random party member, disorienting them for a few seconds. Shots can do fire or frost damage. Immune to freezing trap, banish, fear, enslave demon, and most stuns.|
|Soul Devourer||Has a Fel Breath cone attack. Summons non-elite Sightless Eyes which do shadow damage and cast Sightless Touch, reducing movement speed by 40% and attack/cast speed by 50%.|
|Spiteful Temptress||Immune to taunt. Casts Shadow Bolt, which also deals splash damage around the target. Occasionally mind controls one person in the party, and can place a temporary debuff on a random person that increases their threat by 500%.|
|Skulking Witch||Invisible mob found in the room with Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates and Dalliah the Doomsayer. Has an AoE Gouge and casts Lash of Pain.|
|Unbound Devastator||Uses Deafening Roar, which is an AoE shout that deals 1100 - 1610 shadow damage, disarms, and temporarily prevents spell casting. Immune to enslave and banish.||Deafening Roar causes 2k - 2.5k damage and silences.|
|Unchained Doombringer||Uses War Stomp, stunning everyone in melee, and Sunder Armor, reducing the armor of the tank. Randomly charges a party member in line of sight for 2k melee + 7k hit damage.||Charges player furthest away from him. Charge does 8k - 10k damage.|
See Arcatraz loot.
- can be found in the room before the last boss, a dead Broken on the pavement. Akama in the Warden's Cage in Shadowmoon Valley gives a quest to speak with Udalo. In order to get the quest from Akama, you must first complete a chain with your respective faction(Aldor or Scryer). For both factions, the first quest is "."
- To kill the final boss, Harbinger Skyriss. Acquired after getting the Key to the Arcatraz (see steps below).
- To save Millhouse Manaforge on Heroic difficulty. This is one of the initial three trials to earn access to The Eye in Tempest Keep. (This quest chain is no longer necessary to enter The Eye)
Key to the Arcatraz Edit
Only one party member needs to have the key, though rogues with maximum lockpicking can get in (as can their party) without it. The key is the end result of a long series of quests that begins with Assisting the Consortium, given by Spymaster Thalodien (if you're Scryer) or Exarch Orelis (if you're Aldor) in Area 52. Assisting the Consortium is an optional quest for both factions; you can also pick up Consortium Crystal Collection directly from Khay'ji.
Optional first step:
Nether-Stalker Khay’ji at Area 52:
Gahruj at Eco-Dome Midrealm:
A’dal at Shattrath City:
- Step 11:  - This step gives a very nice 2-hour buff when you hand it in.
- Step 12:  (Group) - This step requires you to clear The Mechanar and Botanica, since the needed quest items drop from the end bosses. This of course means that you will need a flying mount (or be a level 68 druid) to complete the quest chain.
The Arcatraz key is part of the reward for How to Break Into the Arcatraz, however the quest chain continues with one more quest, which sends you into the Arcatraz itself to kill the final boss:
|The Arcatraz Heroic - Full Clear by Peachs the Druid|
| Tempest Keep - The Arcatraz - Heroic Speed Run(08:14)|
|All Heroic Arcatraz Bosses All Heroic Boss Fights|
| Paladin Tanking Heroic Arcatraz - World of Warcraft(09:59)|