|Archmage Mordent Evenshade|
|Location||Temple of the Moon, Darnassus [39.7, 79.8]|
He concludes the following quest:
- I suppose I should not be surprised at this cold reception. We have long been in our hiding, and the separation from our brethren was necessary. That time, however, is done. Whether the residents of this young tree come to accept us or not, the Highborne are returning to light, and we will not turn our backs on what we are.
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Sentinel, I would speak with your High Priestess.
- Sentinel Stillbough says: You must wait for an audience.
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Must I? I doubt Tyrande has more pressing business.
- Sentinel Stillbough says: You show some nerve coming to Teldrassil, Highborne. Your kind are unwelcome here. We have not forgotten the War of the Ancients or the minds behind it.
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: The lure of power is great. Mistakes were made.
- Sentinel Stillbough says: And we would not see those mistakes repeated. Return to your exile.
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: I will not return until I am heard. There is too much at stake. There is a change on the wind, and we cannot ignore it. I have traveled from the dust and ruin of the past to come to an accord. The time may soon come when the kal'dorei require the knowledge and skill we have to offer. I will wait, Sentinel... but I will have my audience.
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade looks over at the moonwell with a sigh.
- Sentinel Stillbough says: Take your gaze off the moonwell, exile. The power within is not yours to wield.
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Calm yourself, Sentinel. I do not seek to use it. I am merely... remembering.
- Sentinel Stillbough says: Recalling your treachery?
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Enough. I have been apart from this for centuries. The well within this temple may be a pale spectre of the Well of Eternity, but it still holds the same... beauty. Purity. I had forgotten. I do not believe admiration and wistful thoughts are against the societal norm.
- Sentinel Stillbough says: Watch yourself, Highborne.
- Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: You were the one who challenged me for merely looking. I still await my audience with Tyrande.
- Sentinel Stillbough says: In good time.
CataclysmEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
It would appear the hatred the Night Elves have harboured over the years following the War of the Ancients is still rife, and still the Night Elves look upon The Highborne with a conspicuous sense of distrust and dislike, but it would seem as though the Highborne seek redemption, much like their Blood Elf cousins who seek acceptance within the Kirin Tor as well. However, arcane magic was abandoned by the Night Elves after the War of the Ancients, and to use it could bear the penalty of death, which is why should the Night Elves re-integrate their Highborne brethren back into their society, great friction would be caused by themselves and the Druids, whom first banished all use of Arcane magic. Mordent makes it clear that the Highborne regretted their foolish and selfish motives in the War of the Ancients, but the Night elves are still holding the Highborne in contempt. It is likely the Night Elves will accept the Highborne on the grounds of a common enemy (or enemies) but this will be on no uncertain terms should it take place.
Based on Cataclysm's new race/class changes it could be speculated that the return of the Highborne are the explanation for the upcoming Night Elf Mage class. It may also indicate he had his meeting with Tyrande Whisperwind and she allowed the Highborne to return to Teldrassil.
Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Added.
| Preceded by:|
Leader of The Highborne (presumed with Tyrande Whisperwind)
| Succeeded by:|