| This article or section is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||Cantrips & Crows, Underbelly[39.1, 59.6] (formerly), The Aspirants' Ring, Argent Tournament Grounds[71, 19]|
Asric is a level 80 blood elf at the Argent Tournament Grounds (Formerly at the Cantrips & Crows in the Underbelly of Dalaran). He argued constantly with Jadaar. He was formerly known as Investigator Asric.
In Patch 3.2.0, he and Jadaar were boosted from level 70 to 80, and moved on to the Argent Tournament Grounds to participate in the Argent Tournament, to become heroes and redeem themselves. However, both have found obstacles that they may not be able to overcome. Stymied, they stand off to the side of Tingiyok's Refreshment booth at The Aspirants' Ring, doing the only thing they can do in their situation... drink.
Arguments at the Cantrips & Crows Edit
- Jadaar says: Arrogant.
- Asric says: Braggart.
- Jadaar says: Craven.
- Asric says: Craven?! I am most certainly not! Are we not in the middle of a war z... ah.
- Jadaar holds up a finger.
- Asric says: What were we on? 'D'?
- Jadaar nods.
- Asric says: Dolt.
- Jadaar says: Remind me again why I tolerate your company, Asric.
- Asric smirks wryly.
- Asric says: I have decades of practice handling blowhards like yourself, and I'm the only one you know here in this abominably freezing land.
- Jadaar says: I should leave you to rot in this sewer with the filth.
- Asric says: No doubt.
- Jadaar says: You are beneath me.
- Asric says: A lowly worm, I'm sure.
- Jadaar says: Stop agreeing with me!
- Asric says: You're right, of course, it's a terrible practice.
- Jadaar says: AGH!
- Jadaar says: Look at us, elf. Look at us. Unemployed, destitute, and drinking swill from an establishment in the sewers named after a carrion bird!
- Asric says: Disgusting, I agree.
- Jadaar says: And above it all, I somehow find myself saddled with you, the very man who caused me to lose my job in the first place!
- Asric says: That was your doing, not mine, windbag. I found myself unemployed due to my unfortunate association with your failure.
- Jadaar says: My failure?! MY FAILURE?! It was your incompetence that landed us here, you insufferable prat!
- Asric rolls his eyes.
- Asric says: Come off it, Jadaar. That's all I've heard out of you for months. No matter what happened, the point is that we're free agents now! No longer tied to politics or duties, able to roam where we will!
- Jadaar says: Penniless and away from what we know in the middle of the frozen, undead-infested northland.
- Asric says: Perhaps, but with the opportunity to make names for ourselves! Think of the reception you'd have in Shattrath as the savior of Azeroth, slayer of the Scourge!
- Jadaar says: Eh.. perhaps, after another drink.
Conversations at The Aspirants' Ring Edit
- Asric says: To your health, windbag.
- Jadaar says: And to yours, brat.
- (They both take a swig from their mugs.)
- Asric says: Now comes our chance at redemption, Jadaar. We could become heroes through this tournament!
- Jadaar says: I don't know. I am uncertain this is the proper vehicle to heroism.
- Asric says: What could be holding you back? You're hale, hearty... missing an eye perhaps, but that shouldn't keep you from competing!
- Jadaar says: I dislike elekks. Strongly.
- Asric says: Ah. That might be a problem.
- Jadaar says: Why aren't you competing?
- Asric says: I had a... situation some time back with one of the individuals now heading up the Sunreavers here. A falling out, if you will.
- Asric says: Needless to say, when I walked into the pavilion there was something of an altercation.
- Jadaar says: They refused to train you?
- Asric says: He suggested I do something else with the lance, instead. It's not my place to repeat vulgarities.
- Jadaar says: You realize, of course, that we would likely have to joust one another should we enter the tournament.
- Asric says: There is no doubt in my mind you'd lose. Speed and wit triumphs over brute strength and bullheadedness any day of the week.
- Jadaar says: Bullheadedness? It is my perseverance that has gotten us this far, dandy. You wouldn't last five seconds.
- Asric says: Typical empty boasting. Still, the stables are rather distant and the drinks here are decent enough.
- Jadaar says: I hear those lances are rough-hewn, too. I'm no fan of splinters.
- Asric says: Just as well.
- Jadaar says: If we do succeed here, you realize what comes next.
- Asric says: The Citadel, correct? Facing the Lich King's most powerful minions.
- Jadaar says: The two of us against the vast undead sea.
- Asric says: Indeed.
- Jadaar says: ...perhaps we should seek our fortune somewhere less likely to be fatal.
- Asric says: Discretion is the better part of valor, after all.