Atonement is a passive priest ability learned at level 38 for those with the Discipline specialization. It heals an ally within range of an enemy target damaged by the priest's , , and for 90% of the damage dealt; this effect is halved if the priest is the recipient of the healing.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Atonement now heals nearby friendly targets for 90% of the damage dealt, down from 100%.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): Atonement's healing range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 15.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Atonement will now account for the target enemy's combat reach when calculating proper range, enabling it to be used on large creatures such as Ragnaros and Ala'kir.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Atonement now works with Holy Fire in addition to Smite.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Atonement now has the correct healing range listed in the tooltip.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.