|Requirements||One-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Axes, Fist Weapons or unarmed|
Axe Specialization is one of the four racial traits granted to all orc characters. It grants an expertise bonus while using axes or fist weapons. When dual wielding different weapons, Axe Specialization is applied to each weapon individually, so that if you dual wield an axe and a sword, only attacks made with the axe benefits from Axe Specialization. If you instead dual wield an axe and a fist weapon, all of your attacks will benefit from Axe Specialization. For attacks that only use the mainhand weapon, such as a rogue's Sinister Strike, only your mainhand expertise matters.
- Since the bonus is 'raw' expertise and not rating, it will grant the same bonus regardless of the level of the player.
- 5 expertise reduces an opponent's chance to dodge or parry by 1.25%, for a total of 2.50% reduced chance for an enemy to avoid your attacks.
- This expertise stacks with expertise gained from other sources, limited only by the expertise cap.
- As fist weapons use the unarmed skill, Axe Specialization works when you are unarmed as well. This is worth keeping in mind when looking at a character's naked stats, since a naked orc gains the 5 expertise while unarmed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The weapon bonus from this effect now applies to fist weapons in addition to axes.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Axe Skill now increases the critical strike chance with axes and two-handed axes by 1%.