A bank is a building with several teller NPCs that allow a character to access a private storage area that is accessible from any bank branch. Branches appear in major cities and some towns, and allow a character to store items not currently in use.
All of the banks share the same vault; the neutral banks are equivalent to the faction banks. If you place items in one bank, you will be able to access them in another. (Canonically, this is accomplished through the use of Automated Teleportation Modules; ATM's for short.) However, players are not able to use the banks of opposing factions, because they cannot talk to the tellers.
Bank space Edit
Initially a character's bank account (vault storage space) contains 28 item storage slots at no cost. An additional seven bag slots for more space are purchasable. These provide no additional item storage slots, but allow placement of a bag that has item storage capacity. The bags can be changed out and it is common practice to progressively place larger bags. The cost of the bag slots increases with each extra slot purchased starting at 10, (then increasing to 1, 10, 25, 25, 25, 25, for a total of 111 10 for all slots (not including the bags that go into them).
Unlike a real bank, you cannot store currency within the bank, only items.
New Reagent Bank tab in Warlords of Draenor EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
- Main article: Reagent Bank
A new tab called the "Reagent Bank" was added with the Warlords of Draenor expansion that costs 100 to enable and gives access to a 98-slot (7 x 14) area for any "Crafting Reagent".
Bank alts Edit
- Extra bank space
- Auctioning items
- Managing numerous amounts of resources
- Main article: List of bank locations
Faction bank branches Edit
Horde bank branches Edit
Alliance bank branches Edit
Neutral bank branches Edit
Some neutral cities and towns have them as well:
- Booty Bay
- Area 52
- Shattrath City (Aldor/Scryer)
- Dalaran (northern/southern and sewer)
Garrison EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Portable banks Edit
Portable banks can be carried with players as items or abilities, giving access to the bank anywhere in the game. They reduce a player's need to travel to a bank, but, due to their long cooldowns (often an hour or more), they do not completely remove it.
Known portable banks:
- (Bank only accessible by engineers)
- (when upgraded with an )
- (when upgraded with an )
- Pack Hobgoblin (Goblin racial ability)
Other uses of the term bank Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (October 14, 2014): A Reagent Bank tab has been added to the Bank providing storage for raw materials.; Characters can now craft using the materials stored in both their Reagent Bank and Bank from anywhere.; Characters can visit the bank to unlock the new Reagent Bank tab providing additional storage space for profession materials.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Players must now bind a bind-on-equip bag to put in into a purchased bank bag slot.