BigWigs is a boss alert mod. It consists of many individual "boss modules", mini addons that are designed to trigger alert messages and timer bars for one specific raid boss each. Modules are activated when you target or mouseover a Boss, or if any other BigWigs use in your raid does. In most cases only one module will be running at any given time.
- Messages: Can be moved, re-coloured & locked.
- Bars: Can be moved, skinned to different textures(SharedMedia compatible), resized & also have an 'emphasis' feature to flash when they are about to expire.
- RaidIcon: Target painting (put an icon over a player that has been singled out by the boss).
- RaidWarn: Sending alerts to RaidWarning, tells & chat.
- BossBlock: Suppress "spam" sent by other player's bossmods.
- Comm: Syncing via the addon channel (so that the player don't have to be in combat range to trigger a message)
- Target Monitor: For enabling boss modules when you see them, instead of having them constantly enabled.
- Sound: Plays various sounds on different events(SharedMedia compatible).
- FuBar/Minimap: Button for easy access to the configuration menu, resetting running modules, and seeing what modules are active.
- Tranq: For keep track of hunters Tranq cooldowns, vital for some bosses.
- Proximity: For displaying players within a certain range on certain boss encounters.
- Test: Test your bars and warnings, and move them around.
- CustomBar: For 'PizzaTimers', create your own custom bars.
- Version: A query for not only the core BigWigs version, but also the instance version numbers.
- Flash'N'Shake: Shake and/or Flash the screen blue when something important happens that directly affects you, such as a debuff. (Off by default)
BigWigs is a boss timer and warning mod. Tekkub, the original BigWigs1 for Ace1 author, was inspired to write this after his very first raid run. He was horrified by the massive amount of spam his raid leader was creating with his boss mod. He was getting messages all over the place for things he didn't care about (Hunters can't dispel a curse or interrupt a heal). He also found that the "60 seconds until painful doom" timer messages were such a waste. Why not use a nice simple timerbar to show this?
BigWigs aims to be as efficient as possible (creating a lower memory per second footprint and using a lower amount of CPU than any other boss mod), as effectively as possible. When modules are written every aspect of the encounter is revised. Is syncing required? Is target scanning required? What events are really to be warned for. It also aims to have the latest boss modules out asap, that means that not long after the first few attempts of a brand new boss, it usually has a working boss mod.
Bigwigs has an 'Emphasis' feature that allows certain bars to be more prominent than others, so your attention is in the right place. SharedMedia support allows you to customize the look of your bars and choose different sounds for warnings. BigWigs can identify when you have wiped on a boss and reset the bars and timers automatically. It loads only the boss logic you need for the boss you're currently facing, rather load up the logic for the whole instance.
Current Developers: Ammo, Rabbit, Funkydude
Boss Modules: Tekkub (BigWigs 1), Ammo, Rabbit, Funkydude, Shyva, Wiebbe, Lucen, Moonsorrow, Tsigo
Translations: ckknight (Babble), Pettigrow (frFR), Neriak (deDE), Gamefaq (deDE), sayclub (koKR), fenlis (koKR), handdol (koKR), cwdg (zhCN), hk2717 (zhCN) and many others
General Help: Daemona, Saroz & everyone else submitting logs!