|This article concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.|
|Not yet released!|
The Black Market Auction House (or "BMAH") is a new type of Auction House that gives players access to bid on items normally not sold by NPCs. It is located within the Tavern in the Mists at the Veiled Stair. The Black Market is run by the mysterious <Leader of the Black Market>.The plan is that the market will not be a safe zone, making it an extremely dangerous place for those playing on a PvP realm.
The items for auction vary by server, as other servers are able to bid on various items.
Bids start in the 10,000-20,000 range and there is no buyout option. The sky is the limit when competing against other collectors for items. Mounts seem to start at 20,000, armor at 10,000, companions/pets at 10,000, and misc items at 10,000 - 15,000.
The auctions last for more than 12 hours and return your gold to you when outbid or the item upon winning. After winning, another item is not added to the auction house immediately. The number of items that are up for auction is not the same across all servers.
Requirements and issues of note
- You'll need the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
- Get to the Veiled Stair, a level 87 area.
- You need a lot of gold, as the lowest bids start at 10,000.
- Be prepared for a contested zone, so you can expect a lot of ganking on PvP realms.
How does it work
- There are about 10 items in the auction house at all times. This is how it currently works on the Beta realms at least.
- There is no buyout option. This means that if you really want an item you will have to win it by bidding on it.
- The bids start at 10,000 and can go up to 999,000 (perhaps 999,999).
- The bidding works similar to the other auction houses bids.
- All auctions last for more than 12 hours.
- After an item is bought by someone, another item is not added to the auction house immediately.
- The items you might find in BMAH are realm-based.
|A sample of items for auction|
|Armor sets||Armor - Back||Armor - Neck|
|Armor - Finger||Armor - Waist||Armor - Wrist|
Most auctions are posted by various well known NPCs, depending on the item type:
- from Warcraft Pets sells all the Argent Tournament pets.
- and of <Droffers and Son Salvage> in Orgrimmar list many Tier 3 pieces.
- , a Stormwind City poison vendor, sells Druid Tier 3.
- , the NPC who redeems TCG codes in Booty Bay, sells TCG items.
- , a Stormwind bartender wearing a top hat and tux with shorts and flipflops, sells some Tier 3.
- , a Dalaran vendor who sells exotic mounts, as well as the mailer behind Celestial Steed and Reins of the Albino Drake, sells various mounts.
- from the Ring of Blood sells Zena's kittens.
- Elusive Goblin leader sells crafting patterns.
- Peripatetic sells ilvl 509 heroic items.
- , , and all sell items, although their listings have blank items.
Gear up a character
- ^ a b c chaud 2012-05-12. Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15689. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p perculia 2012-07-03. Mists of Pandaria: Black Market Auction House. Wowhead News.
- ^ Nethaera 2012-06-05. The Future of PvP in Mists of Pandaria. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US). Many players on PvE realms are concerned about being forced to PvP or take part in World PvP when they don’t want to, what can you say to them about the plans for this?
Tom Chilton - There are no plans to force PvP on players who are on PvE realms. Their experience shouldn’t change and they’ll have the same opportunities for PvP (if they wish to take part) as they do now. It’s also worth noting that the Black Market Auction House has the potential to become a world PvP location for those on PvP realms. Just like the name implies, these are goods being sold out in shady locations away from the prying eyes of guards in the cities. They are not in neutral or safe zones. For PvE realms, it’s not going to have that same risk for placing a bid as on a PvP realm (aside from being outbid).
- ^ a b c d e f g h i chaud 2012-05-13. Black Market Auction House Items, Diablo III Information Recap. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b Luci 2012-07-28. Black Market Auction House - All you need to know. Wowjuju.