|Race(s)|| Black dragonflight|
Blackrock Spire, aka Black Rock Spire, Black Rock, or Castle of Blackhand, is a dungeon. Blackrock Spire is the part of Blackrock Mountain that is above ground. It is inhabited by members of the Dark Horde — orcs, forest trolls, and ogres, as well as their new allies, the black dragonflight led by the son of Deathwing — Nefarian.
It consists of two parts:
Upper and Lower Blackrock Spire also gain their names from real world rocky outlets off the coast of Saint Helena.
From old World Dungeons site:
- The mighty fortress carved within the fiery bowels of Blackrock Mountain was designed by the master dwarf-mason, Franclorn Forgewright. Intended to be the symbol of Dark Iron power, the fortress was held by the sinister dwarves for centuries.
When the Horde first arrived in Azeroth, they invaded the upper portion of the Dark Iron's fortress in Blackrock Mountain, Blackrock Spire, and claimed it as their base of operations. They held it until Alliance forces routed the Horde from their capital, in one of the last major battles of the Second War.
From old World Dungeons site:
- However, Nefarian - the cunning son of the dragon, Deathwing - had other plans for the great keep. He and his draconic minions took control of the upper Spire and made war on the dwarves' holdings in the mountain's volcanic depths. Realizing that the dwarves were led by the mighty fire elemental, Ragnaros - Nefarian vowed to crush his enemies and claim the whole of Blackrock mountain for himself.
The entrance is located by following the broad circular road up and around to the northeast corner of the large central chamber The Molten Span. Enter the ruined buildings there and proceed upwards until you find a narrow doorway.
|Blackrock Stadium • Chamber of Battle • Dragonspire Hall • The Furnace • Hall of Binding • Hall of Blackhand • Halycon's Lair • Hordemar City • Mok'Doom • The Rookery • Skitterweb Tunnels • Spire Throne • The Storehouse • Tazz'Alaor|
- Beetles (critters)
- Black dragons (one, Lord Victor Nefarius)
- Black dragonspawn
- Black drakonid
- Black whelps
- Blue whelps (one, Awbee)
- Chromatic drake (one, Gyth)
- Chromatic dragonspawn
- Chromatic whelps
- Core hounds (one, the Beast)
- Dire trolls
- Fire elementals
- Forest trolls
- Gnomes (one, Finkle Einhorn)
- Goblins (one, Bijou)
- Rats (critters)
- Red dragons (one, Vaelan)
- Roaches (critters)
Blackrock Spire has two sections. The first is referred to as "lower spire", or LBRS, and is the main chunk of the instance, intended for a single group of players. The second is "upper spire", or UBRS, which is a much smaller area, but intended for 10 players setup in a raid group. The player cap was 15 prior to patch 1.10, when it was lowered to 10. The Seal of Ascension is a quest reward that was once used as a key to access this wing.
How to solo Upper Blackrock Spire|}
|How to find the entrance|
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Capped at ten players.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The minimum level requirement on the Blackrock Spire Meeting Stone has been properly assigned.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005):
- Capped at fifteen players.
- Some Blackrock Spire bosses will now properly display their true level, instead of being considered world bosses (who do not display level).