In short: to get a launch, right-click the cannon to activate it. You will be loaded into the barrel, the cannon is aimed and off you go. During the flight you will get a Magic Wings buff which will make you glide until you deactivate the effect.
Near the end of the flight there is a target floating in the water. For extra fun you can try to drop yourself inside that target. Right click the Wings buff icon to remove the wings and drop. On hitting the water or the ground you will get a Touchdown! buff for one second.
Landing close to the target will give you a buff that lasts for one hour. The buff has no effect apart from showing your accomplishment. Different buffs are given depending on the distance to the center of the target:
- Poor Shot! Your latest attempt at the cannon landed you near the target area. Better luck next time!
- Close! Your latest attempt at the cannon was close to the center, but not close enough.
- Bullseye! Your latest attempt at the cannon was dead on!
Beware when you drop that landing in the water is usually safe (apart from possible level 6-9 mobs nearby), but dropping on land will probably kill you. Especially in Thunder Bluff a slight overshoot or undershoot will smack your face mercilessly into the ground.
Riding the wings all the way to the end will put you down relatively safely.
The cannon travels with the Darkmoon Faire and can be found nearby.
- In Elwynn Forest on the east side of the faire.
- On Thunder Bluff near the top of the lifts that take you to the faire[41, 67].
- In Shattrath City on the Terrace of Light near the Aldor bank[52, 31].
- Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006): Added.