|Cooldown||1.5 min (GCD 1 sec)|
- "Arrrghh! My eyes!"
Blind is a core rogue ability learned at level 38. It blinds the target, causing it to wander at 40% of move speed, confused for up to one minute. This is a disorient effect. Any damage will cancel the Blind effect. Blind cancels combat (turns off auto attacks) when used.
- Considered a ranged attack, and cannot be dodged or parried.
- When fighting rogues, spamming your blind ability can give you an opportunity to break out of a stunlock.
- Blind gives opportunity to use First Aid - use it!
- Blind can now be dispelled with PvP trinket so beware of relying fully on it.
- Blind is a great way to interrupt a spellcast in the case of an emergency when your is either on cooldown or you are too far away.
- The 3 piece bonus of the Madcap's Outfit armor set decreases the cooldown of blind by 20 seconds.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 90 seconds, down from 3 minutes.
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): No longer causes creatures to attack players when they are cast.; Blind duration against enemy NPCs is now 1 minute, while the duration against players remains 8 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Blind now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "Blind (Rogue) is now in the same diminishing returns category as Fear effects, but no longer shares diminishing returns with Cyclone (Druid). "
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Blind is now a physical (no longer a poison) attack. requirement removed. Now shares the same diminish category as Cyclone and is now diminished in PvE as well as PvP. Previously blind was a nature attack like poison. is now a Grey-quality item ("vendor trash") which can sometimes be found in lockboxes obtained through Pickpocketing. There is a tooltip on the item that explains why Blind no longer needs a Reagent: "Once favored by rogues as a blinding agent, it was abandoned for more readily available resources... like dirt."
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): The Cooldown for "Blind" has been reduced to 3 min, from 5 min.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): (Undocumented) The cooldown for Blind is not reset by Preparation.