WoWWiki news blogs
- Press release:
- For more information, see Warlords of Draenor.
This fall, World of Warcraft players around the globe will clash with the legends of Warcraft’s brutal past when Warlords of Draenor charges into stores worldwide. Azeroth’s heroes can prepare for the coming onslaught today by pre-purchasing the expansion digitally. Players who answer this call to arms will receive their character boost to level 90 immediately†, allowing them to join friends on the battlefield or experience the latest content from a whole new perspective.
The fifth expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game leads players to the untamed world of Draenor, where the orc warchief Grommash Hellscream is forging his twi…
Read more >
- Be sure to also swing by our Know Days page to vote on the contents of swag boxes (Fantasy, Heroes, and Sci-fi) offered by Loot Crate with a chance to win one!
Heads up, Warcraft fans!
Can you imagine a world where World of Warcraft items like , , or the were real? We definitely can. That’s why we’re asking Warcraft fans to nominate their favorite items from the series to include in a Community Wishlist.
Please comment on this blog with your favorite items from the Warcraft universe. The item HAS to be tangible — if it was real, you’d have to be able to hold it in your hands. Some good examples include:
We’ll be narrowing down our list based on the popularity of nominations — so, even if someone else has already nominated the item of your choi…Read more >
Hey there, fellow WoWWikians and Warcraft fans!
Wikia is hosting a gaming grub-themed party and we want food from the Warcraft universe featured prominently on the menu! Whether its or a sweet , it's up to you to nominate your favorite foods.
Please nominate as many foods as you want via the comments. Remember: this is a menu for a gaming food-themed party. The more realistic the entries, the better. Be creative!
Here are the details:
- 1. Pick your favorite foods.
- 2. Post your nominations in the comments below. Remember, the more realistic and original- the better!
- 3. We will accept entries until December 2, 2013. Wikia staff members will vote on the top entries and will create a new blog with polls on Recipes Wikia for everyone to …
Read more >
Continuing our coverage with a semi-late blog Time flies when you're scrambling to different panels for different games - here's some of the info we had yet to blog about, but thanks to our hard working community here, is likely already placed on their respective home pages!
- Mostly wintery hills and jagged peaks with occasional volcanoes
- Horde role is evict the ogres from Bladespire Fortress
- This stronghold will serve as the main Horde hub
- Home of the Frostwolf clan and their rivals, the Thunderlord clan
- Dry, desolate desert of stone and steam vents
- Home of the Blackrock clan who will try to harness the steam vents to build thier machines of war
- Lush jungle that would be laid waste and transformed into the Hellfire Peninsula in the o…
Read more >
Greetings from Anaheim! We've managed to survive the first bit of BlizzCon and have some great news about the next Warcraft expansion: Warlords of Draenor (ps - The Dark Below was a hoax). I know everyone just wants to get to the meat of the news, so here we go!
Remember ? Yeah, who doesn't? Well, if you thought he would roll over and stay imprisoned indefinitely, you are dead wrong. Garrosh escapes imprisonment and, thanks to a "friend" that can bend time, hops back to where it all began: before the opening of the Dark Portal.
To what end, though? One might think his motives pure (if one hadn't met him) as he wants to prevent the orcs from drinking the blood of Mannoroth. That's all well and good, but his true reason? To unite …
Read more >
I know the way the wiki calculates the page count is a mystery and potentially sketchy, but when the number shows 99,000 (which happened yesterday, 30-October-2013) it is a ton of pages!
What does this mean? Not much in the larger scheme of things, but it does mean we're very close to the even bigger number: 100,000 pages. So you may get harassing notices from the admins about a push to 100K. We'll definitely try to make it part of a contest with some kind of prize or prizes. Most likely it will be some swag from BlizzCon 2013, but who knows?
WoWWiki hit around 50K pages in late 2007, only about 3 years after it started, so growth has clearly slowed since then. So many pages to add! After BlizzCon I'm going to look into ways to make adding c…Read more >
The schedule has been posted for BlizzCon 2013! Here are some of the highlights:
- World of Warcraft: What's Next
- World of Warcraft Arena Global Invitational
- World of Warcraft: The Adventure Continues
- Art of World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft Raids, Gameplay, Questing, and More
- Warcraft Movie Presentation: presented by Duncan Jones, the director
- Heroes of the Storm
Blizzard announced that their title Blizzard All-Stars has been renamed to Heroes of the Storm. This free-to-play MOBA will also be covered at BlizzCon!
- Heroes of the Storm Overview
- Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive
- Heroes of the Storm Live Matches
As promised, more realms have been connected:
- The Warcraft package will now include World of Warcraft: Cataclysm; Mists of Pandaria will s…
Read more >
BlizzCon 2013 is right around the corner, and today Blizzard Entertainment opened doors to the pre-sale the Blizzard Store. The assortment of items includes a Diablo III backpack, a WoW mahjong set, a handful of cute plushies, and various art books, among other things. If you were lucky enough to get a physical ticket or purchased a virtual ticket, the sale will run from October 11 through November 9; remember additional items will be added as time goes on.
If you are lucky enough to be an attendee, consider heading over to the Meeting Stone to see who else is going, plan any meetups, or gloat (well, maybe not that...). There will also be a physical Meeting Stone at the conference:
Two more realms have been put on the list for Conn…
Read more >
Over the past few months - actually since the beginning of the year and then some - we've been working on making improvements to the site. Some it is for aesthetics while others are for ease of use and greater functionality. Read on for a more detailed listing of what we've worked on!
Perhaps the biggest and most complicated project was working out how maps work on the site. Working heavily with code-wiz Pecoes, we mapped out how we wanted things to function and came up with some nice shiny tools that readers should find useful.
- Class and profession trainers
- Shops and other areas of note
Click on the above maps to expand them into their own lightbox. The maps and legend respond to screen size. You can look via the legend or o…
Read more >