|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
Blood Boil is a death knight AoE damage spell available at level 56. It causes additional damage to diseased targets. Unlike Death and Decay, Blood Boil does not generate any Runic Power when used outside of combat.
Tips and tactics
- As a tank, Blood Boil is very useful for picking up stray mobs while your other AoE abilities are on cooldown.
Prior to Patch 3.1.0, Blood Boil did no damage to targets with no diseases on them. Hence one would first stack the target with diseases, then use Pestilence to spread them to nearby mobs and then use Blood Boil. This is still an effective method of boosting Blood Boil's damage, however Blood Boil can now be used to do some damage even to undiseased enemies. Using Blood Boil in this fashion is primarily useful when tanking or for killing swarms of low-health targets.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): If no target is available for Blood Boil to hit, the spell will now cast and consume a blood rune but generate no runic power.
- Hotfix (2009-04-16): "Blood Boil should no longer penetrate Ice Block or Divine Shield. "
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009):
- Damage increased to make up for Pestilence no longer doing damage.
- Now does some damage to undiseased targets and extra damage to diseased targets. Its radius has been decreased.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.