|Talent tree||Protection, tier 3|
- "BoS" redirects here. For the former Paladin abilities, see and .
Blessing of Sanctuary has been removed and is now just called Sanctuary. It is a passive buff to the Protection Paladin in the third tier of the Protection tree. A player can invest three points into it, with the final result being: "Reduces the chance that you will be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and reduces all damage taken by 10%. Also whenever you block or dodge a melee attack you gain 3% maximum mana."
Cataclysm changesThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Blessing of Sanctuary becomes a passive effect for the paladin instead of a buff in Cataclysm. Blessing Sanctuary was renamed Sanctuary, is now passive and ranks up to three times.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This blessing now grants 10% strength in addition to its current effects. Also, the strength and stamina bonuses from this blessing will no longer be lost when Blessing of Kings is removed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009):
"...we want to make sure Blessing of Sanctuary is always the tanking blessing of choice" (source)
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now only grants mana on dodge/parry/block. In addition, will only grant mana if that is the active power type of the friendly target (Bears and Cats won't gain mana).
Old, gain 10 rage , 20 runic power, or 2% of the maximum mana
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This spell can now overwrite a that has less than 10 minutes duration remaining.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): It is no longer possible to have both Blessing of Sanctuary and active on a target at the same time.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Reduced to 1 rank, now reduces all damage taken by 3% and generates rage, mana or runic power when a parry/dodge/block occurs.
Old, 5 ranks. Last rank text was "Places a Blessing on the friendly target, reducing damage dealt from all sources by up to 80 for 10 min. In addition, when the target blocks a melee attack the attacker will take 46 Holy damage."