Bows are long-ranged weapons that use physical muscle power to fire (however, a character's Strength attribute has no effect). They are similar to crossbows and guns in use; all three use the shooting skill and related hunter skills, including Auto-Shot. Character stats are applied the same way for each type, although stats will vary from item to item.
Vs. Other Shooting Weapons
- There are a wide variety of bows available, and they are often the cheapest shooting weapons in the Auction House.
- Bows typically have a shorter cooldown time than that of crossbows, but with lower Damage.
- Unlike guns, bows cannot be crafted by any profession. They must be must be bought, looted, or earned from quests.
A bow may be enhanced by installing an engineer-crafted scope on it.
/ Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010):
- Bows no longer require ammunition
- All hunters, rogues, and warriors start with the bow skill, regardless if they are initially equipped with one.
- Per Class Proficiencies for which classes can use which weapons.