|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.|
As of patch 3.0, this bug has been removed from the game.
Caster stats was a term for tameable beasts which had higher than normal intellect and spirit when tamed, but lower than normal health, attack power, and armor. At earlier levels, the difference between a caster pet and a non-caster pet were not as pronounced as they were at high levels. As a result, the pet's attacks would become progressively less effective and its overall survivability progressively lower in relation to level; therefore, beasts with caster stats were generally avoided for taming.
Former caster pets:
- Carrion birds: Fire Roc
- Crocolisks: Mottled Drywallow Crocolisk
- Spiders: Krethis Shadowspinner, Lady Sathrah
- Wind serpents: Azzere the Skyblade, Cloud Serpent, Elder Cloud Serpent, Greater Thunderhawk, Hakkari Frostwing, Hakkari Sapper, Thunderhawk Cloudscraper, Thunderhawk Hatchling, Cobalt Serpent
- Warp stalkers: Warp Stalker (the level 63-64 variety in Terokkar Forest)
- Nether rays: Bloodthirsty Marshfang, "Count" Ungula, Netherskate, Marshfang Ripper, Marshfang Slicer, Netherwing Ray, Nether Ray (the level 67-68 variety in Netherstorm)
- Dragonhawks: Feral Dragonhawk Hatchling, Crazed Dragonhawk