Casual raiding is a subjective term, used to distinguish raiding that is slower-paced than "hardcore raiding". The term is often used by guilds to indicate that their raiding is not as demanding as the average raiding guild on their server. Depending on the guild, they may require less of a time commitment, lower quality pre-guild gear, or may indicate that the guild is open to prospective raiders who have never set foot in a raid before.
Pros of casual raiding Edit
- Offers access to raid content without serious time commitments.
- Raid interaction tends to be more friendly and open to newer players.
- Often times fewer loot restrictions than hardcore raiding.
Cons of casual raiding Edit
- It is much slower raid progression-wise than hardcore raiding.
- Class balance tends to be less stable since there are fewer restrictions.
- Loot distribution is far more random than in hardcore raiding and may be less rewarding to more dedicated players.