Only one druid in the Cenarion Thicket survived, Warden Treelos. He went mad, though, and is found talking about tea time and how it's watching him. Earthbinder Tavgren, a Cenarion tauren druid returning from a scouting mission, found the Thicket devastated and with all the druids, but Treelos, dead. Tavgren starts a line of quests which lets the player find out that:
- Except for all the druid corpses, there is one single Broken corpse with a strange black box next to it, which later is discovered to be a prototype of a mana bomb.
- After asking Empoor, a travelling Broken merchant, he says the black boxes came from an ethereal merchant in Shattrath City, nearby.
- After talking to Wind Trader Lathrai, and after having done his errands, he says that there might be more black boxes in the nearby city of Tuurem.
- There is one. After touching it, broken ambushers and a Firewing Courier attack you. The Firewings are blood elves allied to Kael'thas and Illidan, and have allied with the broken and Lost Ones from Tuurem.
- After killing a lot of Blood elves and their leader at Firewing Point, the blood elf base, it's discovered they are creating the so-called "Mana Bomb" and are making the project at Firewing Point.
- Then the players kill Sharth Voldoun, the overseer of the project, and made the mana bomb explode within the blood elf base.
- The only one who knows exactly what happened in Cenarion Thicket is Warden Treelos, and although he tries to tell players, his madness has gone too far to tell players exactly.
To summarize: The Wrekt sent a messenger to suicide-bomb the Thicket, as vengance for the druids destroying the colossi. The bomb was devised by the blood elves allied to Kael'thas. The ingredients of the bomb were delivered by them via Empoor, who got it from a dimension-travelling ethereal. The Thicket is now overrun with mutated moths and only three druids survived: Warden Treelos, Earthbinder Tavgren and Isla Starmane.
If one waits around Sharth Voldoun long enough, an image of Pathaleon the Calculator appears and [[reveals that the mana bomb at Cenarion Thicket was a retaliation due to the Cenarion Expedition druids at Cenarion Post ruining his in Fallen Sky Ridge, Hellfire Peninsula.