|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Chaos Bolt is a warlock ability learned at level 42 for those with the Destruction specialization. It is one of the hardest hitting spells in the warlock's arsenal, best used as an opener and also in conjunction with .
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of Soul Consumption
- Item Level
- Major Glyph
- Classes: Warlock (Destruction)
- Requires Level 25
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
Drain Soul restores 20% of your total health after you kill a target that yields experience or honor.
Restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target in Demon Form that yields experience or honor.
Restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target with Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn that yields experience or honor.
- Sell Price: 1
- increases magic damage done to a target and should also be applied prior to casting Chaos Bolt in fights of sustained damage.
- Before patch 3.1.3, Chaos Bolt was one of the most mana-efficient spells in the warlock's arsenal, along with Soul Fire. It truly shone in PvP because of its short cast time and the fact that it even ignored damage reduction effects like Pain Suppression.
Resilience myth Edit
Contrary to what was once popular belief, Ghostcrawler said that the developers could not find anything that affected resilience and Chaos Bolt has never bypassed it.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.1.3 (2009-06-02): This spell no longer ignores damage reduction effects of the target.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Damage increased approximately 15%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Chaos Bolt now does Fire damage instead of Chaos damage.