|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.|
Character Info frame (sometimes called "character sheet") displays information about the player's character. A window that by default shows the character's name (with title), level, class, guild (if a member), equipped items, and paper doll rendering. The character info window is usually accessed via the default "C" key binding.
In Mists of PandariaThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
In CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Starting in Patch 4.0.1, attributes, combat stats, resistances, and other info were viewable in a slide-out Stats panel accessible via a button at the lower right of character window. In addition, an Equipment Manager feature was added to manage equipped items via a separate, but attached window that was accessible via a button to the upper right of the character window (removed in Mists of Pandaria). Lastly, you could see reputation levels and currency counts via the Reputation tab and Currency tab at the bottom of the character window.
In addition to the character info, the window also gives access to other info panes via the following tabs and buttons:
|Tab name||Displays information||Hotkey *|
|Character||Character information (name, title, level, and class), paper doll, and slots.||C|
|Reputation||Shows reputation points and level within encountered factions.||U|
|Currency||Shows counts of various currencies and and tokens including Honor points and Arena points information.|
|* English WoW default.|
|Accessed by||Displays information||Pane|
|► →||Right slide-out panel default pane that shows many character stats.||Stats pane|
|► →||Right slide-out panel pane that shows available character titles.||Titles pane|
|► →||UI for managing equipped item sets.||Equipment Manager pane|
Located at the extreme top-right of the window, this button ( ) closes the window. It basically follows the MS Windows UI convention, since on the Mac OS the equivalent UI button is at the top-left (red marble in OS X).
Model Rotate Buttons
Just to the top-left of the 3D character preview figure, these buttons rotate the preview counter-clockwise and clockwise.
The character tab (default tab selected when window opened) contains the following areas:
- Character's portrait (upper left corner) and model (upper insert).
- Character's Name, Level, Race, Class, Guild, Title information (upper center).
- Paper doll 3D representation of the character with currently equipped items
- Equipment slots around the paper doll. Hovering over the item icons allows you to view the items' stats.
- Stats, titles, equipment manager panel button (►; lower right).
Stats, titles, equipment manager panel
Besides the basic character info, paper doll, slots and resistances, the character info window has a slide-out panel with stats, titles, or the Equipment Manager.
- General: Health, Mana/Energy/Rage/etc., Mastery
- Attributes: Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intellect, Spirit, Armor
- Melee: Damage, DPS, Attack Power, Speed, Haste, Hit chance, Crit Chance, Expertise
- Ranged: Damage, DPS, Attack Power, Speed, Hit chance, Crit Chance
- Spell: Spell powerHaste, , Hit chance, Penetration, Mana Regen, Combat Regen, Crit Chance
- Defenses: Armor, Defense, Dodge, Parry, Block, Resilience
- Resistances, responsible for mitigating magic damage taken.
This pane shows the various titles an account as accumulated for use by player characters.
Equipment Manager pane
- Main article: Equipment Manager
The Equipment Manager allows players to manage several sets of equipped items. Changing equipped sets can only happen out of combat.
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): Right panel that was exclusively for Stats is now shared with Titles selection and Equipment Manager. Pet tab removed and now lives in a separate window with mounts.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Undocumented Character info window completely redone for the most part. Titles switchable in drop menu below level and class. Stats are now part of a slide-out panel and a Equipment Manager added as an attached window. Companions and mounts tabs moved to spellbook. Currency tab retained. Skills tab removed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Undocumented Pets tab expanded to include companions (non-combat pets) and mounts; Currency tab added.