These are the chat types used by SendChatMessage("msg" [,"type" [,"lang" [,"channel"] ] ]).
- Speech to nearby players (/say).
- Text emote to nearby players (/em) (Use DoEmote("action") for voice emotes)
- Yell to not so nearby players (/yell).
- Message to party members (/p)
- Message to guild members (/g)
- Message to guild officers (/o)
- Message to raid members (/raid)
- Warning to raid members (/rw)
- Message to battleground raid group (/bg)
- Message to a specific other player (/whisper) - Player name provided as channel.
- Message to a specific chat channel (/1,/2,...) - Channel number provided as channel
- Not a real channel; sets your AFK message to the message you send. Send an empty message to clear AFK status.
- Not a real channel; sets your DND message to the message you send. Send an empty message to clear DND status.
Since the release of Mists of Pandaria, the Battleground and Raid channels appear to have been combined into one called "Instance". My macros which use SendChatMessage no longer work. I have tried changing "BATTLEGROUND" to "INSTANCE" but they still don't work. If anyone has further information regarding how this has changed, please post... my custom-made macros were quite useful.