- "CoH" redirects here. For the novel, see Cycle of Hatred.
|Circle of Healing|
|Talent tree||Holy, Tier 9|
|Holy Specialization, Silent Resolve, Inspiration, Holy Reach, Mental Agility, Spiritual Healing, Twin Disciplines, Test of Faith, Divine Providence, Focused Power|
Circle of Healing (CoH) is the 41-point talent in the priest's Holy tree. It is an instant-cast spell that heals nearby party or raid members within a small radius around a target.
Circle of Healing comes with a 6-second cooldown, implemented in attempts to reduce priests from simply spamming the spell, making some forms of incoming raid damage trivial, for example the Vortex spell encountered in the Malygos encounter. Despite this, the spell remains useful in many places. The spell now works as a "smart heal", a recently implemented mechanic which sees the spell seek out raid members with the lowest health and heals them instead of its old mechanic of healing a specific targetted group.
In more detail, if the spell is cast with no specific target it will use the priest caster as a "base" of the spell and will heal five targets within its 15 yard radius who are currently at the lowest health. Should the priest target someone specifically and cast the spell, it will use that targeted player as a 'base' and will heal five players (not necessarily including the 'base') for a 15 yard radius of that player.
This new mechanic is useful for healing groups of players at once whilst not having the need for them to be actually grouped together. Healing all melee at once, for example.
|1||250 to 274||50||Talent|
|2||292 to 323||56||18 90|
|3||332 to 367||60||20 70|
|4||376 to 415||65||20 70|
|5||409 to 451||70||20 70|
|6||589 to 651||75||90|
|7||684 to 756||80||90|
- Holy Specialization increases the throughput of Circle of Healing, as each recipient of the effect can critical heal.
- The talents Surge of Light and Inspiration do not specifically improve Circle of Healing itself but the spell is able to activate both effects.
- Holy Reach increases the radius of CoH by 1.5/3 yards.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Healing increased by approximately 40%.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cooldown.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Circle of Healing: The base amount of healing from this spell has been reduced along with increasing the bonus it receives from bonus healing effects. Characters with more than 1338 healing will see their Circle of Healing heal for more than previous patches. Characters with less than 1338 healing will see their Circle of Healing heal for less.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Circle of Healing effect increase.
- Patch 2.0.10 (2007-03-06): Circle of Healing mana cost reduced by 25%.