| This article or section is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Council of Six|
Violet Citadel in art
|Main leader||Jaina Proudmoore|
Blood elf (Previously)
|Base of operations||Chamber of Air, Violet Citadel|
|Theater of operations||Crystalsong Forest, Dalaran|
The Council of Six, also known as The Six, the High Council or the Ruling Council, is the name given to the Kirin Tor high council of Dalaran. These six individuals are the leaders of both the city and all territories under the control of Dalaran.
The council meets to discuss important issues and vote on matters — no single member holds sway, and the majority vote decides every issue. In case of a tie, the members reconvene a day later, during which interval each member considers his or her vote and all relevant information. They meet in the Chamber of the Air, a room with no visible walls — the gray stone floor with its central diamond symbol stood beneath an open sky that shifted and changed rapidly, as if the time sped past within the chamber.
Traditionally, the membership of the Council of Six was kept a strict secret. When someone met with the Council officially, it was always in a special, enchanted chamber, the Chamber of Air, and the Six would be disguised to keep their identity a secret. Of course, in a city populated by magi, such efforts were not always successful, as Khadgar proved with little effort.
All current members of council were named in Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.
- Chosen leader of the Kirin Tor following Rhonin's death (In which he tells her to take charge) in Theramore
- - Longest-standing member (Since Krasus's death).
- - Previous ruler of the Kirin Tor and Dalaran. Confirmed as council member in Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.
- - Formerly Medivh's apprentice; Advisor to the naaru named A'dal. Confirmed as council member in Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.
- Karlain - Mage and alchemist Confirmed as council member in Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.
- After the purge of Aethas Sunreaver the sixth member is unknown. It's possible that replaced him.
- - Leader of the Kirin Tor at the time, was killed during destruction of Theramore by mana bomb.
- - Leader of the Kirin Tor at the time he was killed by Arthas Menethil.
- - Prince of Quel'Thalas; likely abandoned membership following the destruction of the city and eventual allegiance to the Burning Legion.
- - Necromancer-turned-lich (though not at the time of membership); abandoned his position to found the Cult of the Damned.
- - Humanoid form of Korialstrasz, died within Wyrmrest Temple Ruby Sanctum after contracting Chromatic Plague, sacrificing himself to destroy all infected eggs; Known member during the Second War
- - Member during the Second War. Fate unknown, most likely dead.
- - The leader of the Sunreavers, Grants Horde sanctuary in Dalaran. Purged from Dalaran after his Sunreavers were implicated in aiding the Horde steal the Divine Bell and abusing the Kirin Tor's neutrality.
Possible past membersEdit
- Baratea - Said to be a leader of the Kirin Tor and a powerful archmage. Status with the Six is unknown.
- - Leader of the first Kirin Tor expedition to Draenor during The Invasion of Draenor. Status with the Six is unknown.
- - Leader of the Violet Eye. Status with The Six is unknown.
- - Offers the neutral version of  . Considering that the Horde and Alliance versions are given by a member of the Six. Status with the Six is unknown.
- - Defected from the Kirin Tor and sided with Malygos. Guard of one part of Keristrasza's prison and leader of the effort to redirect the ley lines in the Dragonblight. Status with the Six is unknown.
- - Defected from the Kirin Tor and sided with Malygos. Leader of the effort to redirect the ley lines in the Dragonblight. Status with the Six is unknown.
- - Defected to Razelikh the Defiler for the promise of supernatural powers; Described as a powerful mage of the Kirin Tor. Status with the Six is unknown.