|This article or section is under construction.|
|Main leader||Silas Darkmoon|
|Secondary leaders||Professor Thaddeus Paleo|
|Race(s)||Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, High elf, and Ogre|
The Darkmoon Faire showcases the weird and the extraordinary. Gathering the exotic from around the world, Silas Darkmoon presents the Darkmoon Faire as a celebration of the wonders and mysteries found in Azeroth. The Faire spends most of its time in parts unknown, they are available from time to time by accessing portals in Mulgore and Elwynn Forest.
The Darkmoon Faire is an event that appears in the game. The location of the Faire is on Darkmoon Island. The portals to the Island can be accessed in the following locations:
- Eastern Kingdoms, on the south side of Goldshire in Elwynn Forest
- Kalimdor, in Mulgore at the base of Thunder Bluff
The Faire itself is neutral and can be visited by players of either faction. The Faire on the Island is a sanctuary, as well as the path leading down to it from the portal. Areas outside the path and Faire are considered contested, which is important to note for those playing on PvP servers.
- Many exotic vendors travel with Silas Darkmoon, offering adventurers hard-to-find items from the far corners of Azeroth.
- Players can earn tickets by completing quests for a number of Darkmoon Faire NPCs, which can then be turned in for items and special equipment.
- Strange sets of cards have been broken up and scattered across Azeroth, and can also be created by scribes. Players who are lucky enough to collect a complete set of these cards can turn them in at the Faire to receive epic items.
- Cheap booze. 'Nuff said.
- Shoot yourself off with the Darkmoon Cannon!
- Destroy your friends and foes with small, Dwarven-made Steam Tonks with four abilities: Cannon, Mortar, Drop Mine, and Nitrous Boost.
The Darkmoon Faire visits once a month, starting at 00:01 on the Sunday before the 1st Monday of each month. The event dates are automatically added to the in-game calendar. You can also see event dates for the Darkmoon Faire on the official Blizzard Event Calendar by clicking on your armory profile, then "Events".
The Tauren Chieftains' concert
To celebrate the 2007 BlizzCon event on August 3 and 4, The Tauren Chieftains (aka Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain) made a guest appearance at the new Darkmoon Faire location outside of Shattrath city (since removed with Patch 4.3.0). At the top of every hour for the duration of BlizzCon, they performed Power of the Horde on a special stage set up for the occasion. http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/676238677.htm
The concerts still occurred up to August 12 but after the Faire moved away the concerts did not return. It was likely only for the debut of the Shattrath location, and that the band would be making regular appearances at World's End Tavern in Shattrath from then on.
After the release of Patch 4.3.0, the band can be seen playing at the stage upon Darkmoon Island at regular intervals.
Vendors and other NPCs
The Faire has vendors and some special NPCs.
Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets
are used like currency to purchase Darkmoon Faire prizes from Gelvas Grimegate, the Darkmoon Faire prize vendor NPC. The Darkmoon Faire tickets are soulbound, so you cannot trade them. They can be saved up, in stacks of 200. The tickets are the same and can be earned and spent at any Darkmoon Faire location.
Prizes purchased with tickets
If you go to the fortune-seeking Gnoll, Sayge, he will tell you your fortune by giving you a strong buff and a small note. You can receive a new buff only after at least two hours and if your buff has run out.
The buff he gives you depends on what you answer to his questions. See the guide to Answering Sayge.
Insane in the Membrane
- The Darkmoon Faire is reminiscent of real-world Renaissance Faires.
- There is also a real-world Darkmoon Faire based on the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Complete revamp with most activities moving to new Darkmoon Island.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Removed from the achievements pane.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Darkmoon Faire section added to Achievements pane under World Events, like holidays or the Argent Tournament, however the section is currently empty.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The Darkmoon Faire vendors have new items now that trade routes into Northrend have been better established.
- Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): Updated the inventory of Professor Thaddeus Paleo and Lhara to include items useful to players over level 60.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Steam Tonks added.
- Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006): Darkmoon Cannon added.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Introduced.
- Darkmoon Faire Reputation Guide for steps and tips on getting to Exalted.
- Darkmoon Faire Guide at Book of Warcraft (Note: Faire information is out of date on this site, and does not include BC-specific information.)