This questing guide for the zone of Darkshore details the best method to obtain and complete quests in Darkshore.
Note: This guide is not meant for power-leveling purposes. Rather, it is meant to show a player the most efficient way to complete all quests available for a particular zone. If you know of a better order or method to accomplish this, your input is welcome (in fact, greatly desired). For major changes, feel free to edit, but make a note in the talk page as to your reasoning.
Darkshore is an Alliance-aligned zone designed for young night elf adventurers, and has only Alliance quests. The main questing hub is the village of Auberdine, which also houses a flight path and a dock with boats to Stormwind Harbour and Stormwind, Darnassus, and Azuremyst Isle. Be sure to reach at least level 10 before coming to Darkshore, as the initial quests are mostly around level 12.
Before you leave
Before heading to Darkshore, there are a few quests you can pick up for a little extra XP. Note that these quests only apply to night elves.
|Quest Name||Quest Giver||Subzone|
|||<Hippogryph Master>||Rut'theran Village|
- If you have completed the quest chain, make sure to get  from Arch Druid Fandral Staghelm in the Cenarion Enclave in Darnassus before heading out. You will end up visiting the grove later - for now just keep this quest in your log.
- Get  from one of the night elves at the gates to Darnassus.
- Head through the portal in the west of Darnassus to reach Rut'theran Village. Talk to Nessa Shadowsong to get the next quest,  .
- Talk to the nearby hippogryph master to receive  , then go ahead and fly over to Darkshore.
- Speak with Laird to get the final quest,  , and fly back to Rut'theran to complete it. Unlike most hippogryph flights, these are free, so there is really nothing to keep you from getting this extra XP.
Buzzboxes and Sea Monsters
|Quest Name||Quest Giver||Subzone|
|||Buzzbox 827||South of Auberdine|
|||Beached Sea Creature||Beach north of Auberdine, surrounded by murlocs|
|||<General Trade Supplier>||Auberdine|
|||Buzzbox 411||North of Auberdine|
- There are most likely many quests available to you in Auberdine. For now make sure you have:
- You can fish anywhere along the coast to complete  and  .
- Just south of Auberdine you will find Buzzbox 827 and the crabs which drop the needed to fix it.
- Head a little further south, killing crabs on the way, until you reach the Beached Sea Creature. Clear the area of murlocs and collect the .
- Gather any remaining that you need and return to Buzzbox 827. Turn in  and accept the next quest,  .
- If you haven't caught all the for  , catch them now and turn in the quest.
- Return to Auberdine and turn in  , and pick up the next quest in the chain.
- Head out to the ocean near Auberdine and find the dea turtle remains for the Washed Ashore quest, killing threshers as you go.
- Return to Auberdine and turn in  . This will allow you to get all the other sea turtle and sea creature quests in Darkshore.
- Head north along the coast, killing threshers as you go. Once you have all 3 Thresher Eyes, head to Buzzbox 411 shown here. Turn in the quest and get the next in the chain.
- On the beach nearby is a washed up sea creature. You can loot it to receive  .
- Directly off the coast from the turtle and the buzzbox are the two sunken ships for the quest  . Be cautious attempting this quest at lower levels, as there are many murlocs all around and they tend to swarm.
- Return to Auberdine, killing moonstalkers for their fangs and striders for their meats (if you happen to be a cook). When you reach the town, turn in:
-  (cooking)
Bashal'Aran and Ameth'Aran
|Quest Name||Quest Giver||Subzone|
- Before leaving Auberdine, be sure to get:
- Head out of Auberdine and follow the road north. Bashal'Aran will be the ruins to your right. Enter and find the night elf spirit within the blue glow on top of the hill, and get the next quest in the series (  )
- Kill grell until you collect enough earings, then return to Asterion to get the next quest.
- Kill satyr until one of them drops the , then return again to Asterion for the next quest.
- Head south out of Bashal'Aran to Ameth'Aran. You have several objectives while in these ruins:
- Locate the tablets containing the Lay of Ameth'Aran and read it to complete  .
- Kill the Highborne spirits and collect their to complete  .
- Locate the blue flame and use it to destroy the , completing  .
- Locate and defeat Anaya Dawnrunner and take her pendant to complete  (This may be too difficult if you are level 12 or below. If so, return to complete this quest later or get a friend to help.)
- Return to Bashal'Aran to turn in  .
- Return to Auberdine to turn in the remaining quests.
-  - Collect 4x Grizzled Scalp
-  - Fishing
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft due to the devastating Cataclysm.|
|The Tower of Althalaxx|
This series of quests leads the character to discover the Cult of the Dark Strand and its leader, .
The Tower of Althalaxx
In Auberdine, asks you to travel north to the Tower of Althalaxx, to check up on , an agent she sent to check out the tower. Balthule is late checking in, and Elissa is concerned that he may have run afoul of something.
Balthule found something, alright, and it doesn't look good. It seems that a cult of warlocks has moved into the tower. He doesn't know anything about them, really, but ... warlocks... cult... can't be good. He has had some scraps of parchment fall into his hands, but needs more in order to assess the threat they pose. And he asks you to secure them for him.
You relieve some of the fanatics of their parchments and return to Balthule, who is able to put together something more about them. Specifically, they are part of the Cult of the Dark Strand. ... About which Balthule has no real information. However, he knows someone who might: .
Delgren takes the threat of the Dark Strand cultists seriously, as he has already been battling them near Ordil'Aran. It seems that somewhere among the cultists is a that he believes holds the secret to the cult's power. You volunteer to go retrieve it for him.
You kill a lot of cultists in the process of finding the gem, but find it you do. Soul gems, as it sounds like, contain a trapped soul. Delgren shatters the gem, freeing the ghost of , who explains the situation to Delgren.
The freed spirit gives you the name . Delgren knows this name. He's a warlock in southwestern Ashenvale, at Fire Scar Shrine. He's up to his little eyeballs in this Dark Strand cult. He's got to go. And you're just the person to do it.
Those things one values, one protects. The Satyrs defend the soul gems quite stoutly, but you are still able to free the souls and thus weaken the chief of the Dark Strand cultists, and do other Good in the process.
You do, and you find that yes, your work has been ... noticed. Out of the blue, as it were, there was a blinding flash from the top of the tower, followed by a lot of lightning and screams.
Good work, that.
You relate what you've been up to since you last talked to him, and Balthule agrees that will never be weaker. He cautions you, though, that there are many warlocks surrounding him, more powerful than those you've faced before.
And he was right. You fight (or perhaps sneak) your way to the top of the tower and find a veritable cloud of warlocks guarding Athrikus. The fighting is savage, but you prevail! For proof, you use the time-honored method of returning with .
Balthule directs you to return to and tell him of your deeds: lies dead, and the Cult of the Dark Strand is scattered!
Delgren tells you he senses that you are destined for greatness, and that you will right many wrongs plaguing the lands. He offers you a gift, as well, in thanks for your courageous deeds.
For bringing Ilkrud Magthrull's Tome to Delgren, you get your choice of
From the final quest, your choice of
Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Fixed a bug with the Tower of Althalaxx quest line that allowed you to skip the step that leads into Fire Scar Shrine.
- The Bashal'Aran quest chain quest chain - an alliance quest chain wherein the character frees , a highborne imprisoned by Athrikus before the Great Sundering.