|Alliance Travel Guide||Horde Travel Guide|
Travel from Darnassus to Ironforge or Stormwind
- There is a portal west of the bank in Darnassus that takes you to the Night Elf port, Rut'theran Village. (The portal looks like a hazy pink tent under a tree.)
- From there you can take a Boat to Stormwind. The village has three docks. The eastern dock remains unused, though a boat is permanently parked there. The western dock goes to the Exodar. The southern dock takes you to Stormwind.
- You can catch a free ride on the Deeprun Tram in the Dwarven District of Stormwind that will take you to Ironforge.
- With the help of a friendly Mage to portal you between continents, or a warlock to summon you, you can quickly gain access to all three major cities without any zone-to-zone running. (Portals to Ironforge, Stormwind, Theramore, and Exodar are available to level 40 mages, while the portal to Darnassus is only available when the mage reaches level 50.) This will allow you to learn weapon and trade skills at very low level. Be prepared to offer the Mage some money, as the Rune of Portals required to cast Portal (Spell) costs 20s. While in Kalimdor, pick up the flightpaths at Rut'theran Village and Auberdine. While in the Eastern Kingdoms, pick up the flightpaths in Stormwind or Ironforge (whichever one you find yourself in), and take the Deeprun Tram to get the other. Use your hearthstone to get home.
- If playing a druid, it might make sense to set your hearthstone in the Eastern Kingdoms and rely on Teleport: Moonglade to get back to Kalimdor. This is particularly useful if you're questing on both continents at once.
The Fastest Possible Route
Teleportation. You may have a mage create a portal for you to Stormwind or Ironforge, or have a warlock summon you, but this requires that you have a fairly well leveled friend who is willing to put aside a few minutes for you, or a fair amount of money to make it worth someone's time.
or alternatively any class can use the meeting stone located at the stockade instance in stormwind city, so long as you meet the level requirements. you can then take the deeprun tram to ironforge.