|Day of the Dead|
|Duration||US: November 1 - 2|
- During the Day of the Dead, the people of Azeroth gather in graveyards to celebrate and cherish the spirits of those they have lost. One can find the festivities in the cemeteries of any major city where celebrants cook, drink, don costumes and more.
- Can you feel it? The spirit world draws close during the Day of the Dead. This is why we decorate the graves of our dearly departed with flowers and candles and offerings: to welcome them back, even if only for a time.
It is possible to become a skeleton by dancing with during this event, granting the achievement and the cosmetic buff.
In the graveyard of your character's home city, (e.g. Darnassus for the night elves) or in the neutral capital cities of Shattrath City and Dalaran, a pet skeleton with a Sombrero on, the is available as a reward for completing . Do this by buying the for and an or a , creating the bread at the Ghostly Fire next to , and using the marigolds to see the Cheerful Spirit quest giver. The ghosts can also bee seen with a Warlock's Detect Invisibility or items with similar effect.
The Macabre Marionette, the holiday pet for this event, works similar to the Broom sticks of Hallow's End, or old world pets where they lacked the ability to be learnt as a spell. As such they take up one bag space. It was originally thought to have been only available during the Day of the Dead, this was proved to be incorrect or was changed as they currently are still around for those who did the quest for them. The pet cannot be learned, as such it takes up an inventory slot, it does not count towards any of the pet achievements currently. It is interesting to note that unlike most pets the Macabre's level will always be that of your character's
Sold by <Day of the Dead Vendor> in Darnassus[68, 38], Dun Morogh[54, 39] Durotar[47.2, 17.8], Eversong Woods[47, 49], Exodar[47, 56], Stormwind City[47, 23], Thunder Bluff[56, 18], or Dalaran[35.6, 39]:
From Cooking using recipe
From quest [? (req. level 1)]
Finding graveyard locations
- Ironforge - Graveyard can be found to the south (southeast really) of the entrance up a small hill. coords 61,37
- Stormwind - Graveyard can be found in Stormwind beside Stormwind Lake, behind the Cathedral.
- Darnassus - Graveyard located directly behind the Guild Master house in Darnassus. coords 69,40.
- Exodar - Graveyard is just south of Azure Watch.
- Silvermoon City - Going from Silvermoon go west past The Dead Scar before you get to Falcon Square.
- Thunder Bluff - Graveyard can be found right next to the north lift of the Middle Rise
- Orgrimmar - Can be found left of the road heading south right past the boar farm.
- Undercity - Graveyard is located inside the courtyard of the city right across from the chamber for the Orb of Translocation
Racial home city graveyards
- For the 2010 world event, it was discovered that if a player right-click dropped the Honor the Dead buff while mounted, the character would get an increase in size that would remain as long as the character remained mounted. The character however would decrease in size while on a Great Brewfest Kodo.
- For the 2011 event apparently you don't have to go to your race's home city to get your achievement. After seeing a Night Elf get his achievement in the Stormwind City graveyard, I took my Draenai priest there to test it out. Sure enough, my Draenai priest danced with Catrina in that graveyard and completed the Dead Man's Party achievement.--Mamav (talk) 14:50, November 1, 2011 (UTC)
- ^ Nebu 2012-11-01. The Day of the Dead is Here. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-10-31. The Day of the Dead is Near. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Day of the Dead. Old Official World of Warcraft community site (US). Archived from the original on 2010-11-07. Retrieved on 2011-09-25.
Day of the Dead. Old Official World of Warcraft community site (EU). Archived from the original on 2010-09-06. Retrieved on 2011-09-25.