For other uses, see Death knight (disambiguation).
These soldiers of darkness were created by Gul’dan to replace the slaughtered Warlock clans. Assembled from the corpses of the Knights of Azeroth slain in the last battles of the First War, these abominations were then instilled with the ethereal essence of the Shadow Council. Further empowered with magical energies culled from the slain Necrolytes, the Death Knights wield an arsenal of necromantic and elemental spells that mete out all but certain death to the enemies of the Horde.
Statistics of Death Knights in WarCraft II
- Death Coil (kills target unit, damages a neighboring unit and heals the caster. Fun fact: this ability worked on players even if they had the invincibility cheat code active.)
- Death and Decay (ranged channeled AoE damage)
- Raise Dead (raises skeletons from corpses)
- Haste (temporarily increases movement speed of target)
- Unholy Armor (lowers target unit's HP and grants it temporary invincibility)
- Whirlwind (summons a whirlwind that moves around randomly to deal AoE damage)
- See Warcraft II: Death Knight Quotes