|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.|
|Location||Arms, Tier 1|
|Affects||Chance to parry|
Deflection increases Parry chance.
Rank table Edit
|Rank||Increased Chance to Parry|
- This talent can be considered the defensive equivalent of Cruelty. Full training in Deflection will cause one parry out of every twenty frontal enemy attacks.
- Because of its extremely convenient placement in the first tier of the Arms tree and its high tanking utility, Deflection is a crucial part of practically every Warrior tank build. Because it is a five point talent, full Deflection allows points to be spent in Improved Thunder Clap which is another talent useful for Warrior tanking. Deflection will cause Revenge to be available slightly more frequently, although a Warrior tanking endgame will be using Shield Block as often as possible; this will cause Revenge to be available on nearly every cooldown.
- For DPS Warriors, Deflection remains a very useful talent when soloing and is an excellent way to start the Arms tree. Whenever an attack is parried, no damage is taken and the swing delay on the next attack is also reduced. This reduction gives Deflection both offensive and defensive potential while being attacked. Nevertheless, a DPS Warrior normally should not be hit much in instance. In PvP, it only helps avoiding melee attacks from the front. Therefore, it is not as useful for DPS Warriors end-game.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Removed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Will now increase parry chance when using Fist Weapons.