|This article or section is an ability stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
- You left a battleground before it was complete and must wait before entering another one.
- Duration: 15 minutes
Deserter (also known as "Battleground Deserter") is the debuff a player receives after becoming AFK, Reported AFK and successfully kicked, or prematurely leaving a battleground. It exists to deter players from gaining honor at a battleground by attending but not participating. It also prevents players from leaving a battleground due to an unfavorable matchup, and instantly joining another with the hope of a better matchup.
There is also a version of this that is obtained from leaving a Random dungeon before the end.
Patch Changes Edit
- Patch 1.12.1 (26-Sep-2006): The deserter debuff will now continue to expire even while you are offline.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Players can no longer queue up other players with the deserter debuff for a battleground by forming a raid and having the leader in a different subgroup, and joining as a group.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.
See also Edit
- ω τ ϖ - debuff for failing to defend during  or  during the Rise of the Zandalari (Patch 4.1) quest chains.