|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft due to the devastating Cataclysm.
- This spell could detect characters with an invisibility level up to 1000.
- See also: Invisibility (mechanic)
- Use of this skill in the Ruins of Lordaeron allowed for players to see undead level 15 ghosts floating around in the court yard.
- In Raven Hill, Duskwood. Inside the houses, there are located invisible "passive" mobs, ranging from 55-56. Earlier used for farming Soul Shards among the Alliance warlocks, to a lesser extent Horde warlocks.
Tips and tactics
- Detect Invisibility was needed to see some of the succubi in the Arcatraz where the second and third bosses are.
- In PvP, Detect Invisibility allowed buffed players to see mages who were using the Invisibility spell. However, the buff also allowed invisible mages to see the buffed player.
- Removed in Patch 4.0.1., prior to the release of the Cataclysm Expansion
- In patch 2.0, two other "ranks" of this spell, Detect Lesser Invisibility and Detect Greater Invisibility were removed from the game and the remaining spell's detection level was raised significantly.