|Cooldown||2 min (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Dispersion is a priest ability learned at level 60 for those with the Shadow specialization. Dispersion protects the priest by reducing damage taken by 90% for six sec. The priest will regenerate 6% mana every second up to 36% of mana total. Due to its relatively short cooldown and free cast, Dispersion is an excellent regeneration spell. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced, which makes it very useful in PvP as well.
It has many uses in PvE besides just regenerating mana; can also be used to soak large (AoE) hits that would kill even a well-geared tank.
Modified by Edit
- Since Dispersion is a physical ability it cannot be dispelled.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Dispersion now belongs to the Shadow spell school.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Dispersion should no longer allow priests to become permanently invisible when mounting.; Dispersion correctly reduces the damage dealt by Deep Wounds and Piercing Shots.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes, down from 3 minutes.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now clears all snare and movement impairing effects and makes you immune to them while dispersed.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): This ability can no longer be cast while affected by Cyclone; doing so consumed the cooldown to no effect.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.