|This article or section is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
The interlude begins with Jaina surveying the wreckage of Stratholme, as the surviving villagers pile the corpses of the dead onto pyres.
- Jaina: So much death. I can't believe Arthas could have done this.
- Uther runs toward Jaina.
- Uther: Jaina! Jaina Proudmoore!
- Jaina: Lord Uther?
- Uther: Ah, Jaina. I thought I might find you here. Where has he gone, girl? Where has Arthas taken the fleet?
- Jaina: He came to me before he left. I pleaded with him not to go. I told him it sounded like a trap!
- Uther: Damn that boy! I've got to inform King Terenas about this. Don't be too hard on yourself, girl. You had nothing to do with this... slaughter.
- Uther leaves. The Prophet flies towards Jaina and turns into his human form.
- The Prophet: The dead in this land might lie still for the time being, but don't be fooled. Your young prince will find only death in the cold north.
- The Prophet: Commendable as that may be, his passions will be his undoing. It falls to you now, young sorceress. You must lead your people across the sea, to the distant land of Kalimdor. Only there can you combat the shadow and save this world from the flame.
- End of Interlude.