|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Drain Soul is a warlock ability learned at level 19 for those with the Affliction specialization. It steals the soul from the enemy, energizing a Soul Shard after dealing damage twice; three shards are energized if the target dies.
All other periodic damage effects from the warlock will instantly deal 60% of their normal periodic damage if the target is at or below 20% health when Drain Soul deals damage.
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of Soul Consumption
- Item Level
- Major Glyph
- Classes: Warlock (Destruction)
- Requires level 25
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
Drain Soul restores 20% of your total health after you kill a target that yields experience or honor.
Restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target in Demon Form that yields experience or honor.
Restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target with Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn that yields experience or honor.
- Sell Price: 1
- Use when an enemy is almost dead to maximize the damage.
- Drain Soul can not be reflected.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Drain Soul no longer energizes Soul Shards from the pets and guardians of players, and now deals 34% less damage. If other periodic Affliction damage effects are triggered by Drain Soul, they now deal 60% of their normal damage (down from 100%).
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): It is no longer possible to leave combat while channeling Drain Soul.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This spell now deals 4 times the normal damage for all ranks. Previously it was only ranks 6 and above.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Each time Drain Soul deals damage to a target which can grant experience, it now has a chance to generate a Soul Shard.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Rank 6 now properly deals additional damage to targets below 25% health.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Drain Soul will now cause four times the damage if the target is at or below 25% health.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Channeling of this spell will now always stop when a player target dies.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Shadowburn: If you cast Drain Soul while this aura is on the victim, you will no longer receive two soul shards upon the victim’s death.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Honorable kills will now generate a Soul Shard when Drain Soul is used.