Dun Baldar is the primary staging ground for the Stormpike clan of Dwarves, arriving in Alterac Valley in search of archaeological artifacts and resources. Encountering heavy resistance from the Frostwolf Clan, the Stormpike have received military aid from all members of the Alliance, seeking to drive out the Frostwolf and make the valley their own.
Dun Baldar is close to the Alliance battleground entrance, allowing it to receive easy reinforcements from Alliance soldiers entering the battlefield. Dun Baldar is the nexus of most Alliance quests, and also the location for all quest turn-ins. It is in Dun Baldar that all vendors for the alliance are located, and sell all manner of food, drinks, reagents, and offer equipment repairs.
The primary entrance into Dun Baldar is via a bridge connecting Stormpike Graveyard to the main Dun Baldar base. This bridge is guarded by both Dun Baldar North and South bunkers.
- Scrap Metal: Murgot Deepforge located at coordinates 43, 15 near the forge.
- Storm Crystals: Arch Druid Renferal located at coordinates 43, 12. She can be found in a small alcove in the mountains by following the road up and to the west of the Dun Baldar North Bunker. 200 crystals are needed for Renferal and the Druids to head out from Dun Baldar to the Field of Strife in order to summon Ivus the Forest Lord.
- Frostwolf Soldier's Medal: Wing Commander Slidore, who must first be rescued from Tower Point. Once rescued, he is located at coordinates 43, 18. 100 Soldier's Medals are required for Sildore to send out an aerial assault.
- Frostwolf Lieutenant's Medal: Wing Commander Vipore, who must first be rescued from the second tent from the entrance to Frostwolf Village. Once rescued, he will be near Sildore at 43, 18. 100 Lieutenant's Medals are required for Vipore to send out an aerial assault.
- Frostwolf Commander's Medal: Wing Commander Ichman, who must first be rescued from the West Frostwolf Tower. Once rescued, he will be located near Sildore at 43, 18. 100 Commander's Medals are required for Ichman to send out an aerial assault.
- Irondeep Supplies: Stormpike Quartermaster at 43, 17. 280 supplies, or 28 turn-ins, are required for a ground assault to be launched.
- Coldtooth Supples: Stormpike Quartermaster at 43, 17. 70 supplies, or 7 turn-ins, are required for a ground assault to be launched.
- Tamed Ram: Stormpike Stable Master at 42, 16. 25 tamed rams are needed as one of two parts to launch a cavalry charge.
- Frostwolf Hide: Stormpike Ram Riding Commander at 42, 17. 25 Frostwolf Hides are needed as one of two parts to launch a cavalry charge.
- Official Alterac Valley info -