Eadric the Pure
|Title||<Grand Champion of the Argent Crusade>|
|Health|| 572,000 (Normal)|
|Location||Crusaders' Coliseum, Icecrown|
Either he or Argent Confessor Paletress will be encountered after defeating the three grand champions of the opposite faction.
- Radiance -- Eadric becomes suffused with light, causing all nearby enemies who look upon him to suffer 4750 to 5250 Holy damage and wander blindly for 2 sec. (3 second cast)
- Vengeance -- Eadric's melee attacks have a chance to cause his next melee swing to be a critical strike.
- Hammer of Justice -- Stuns an enemy, rendering them vulnerable to Hammer of the Righteous and unable to move or attack for 6 sec. (Magic effect)
- Hammer of the Righteous -- Hurls a hammer that strikes an enemy for 14000 Holy damage. If the target is not affected by Hammer of Justice, this Hammer may be caught and thrown back at the caster. This can be accomplished by removing the magic effect 'Hammer of Justice' before Eadric throws the Hammer of the Righteous.
Before facing Eadric himself, players will have to deal with three groups of three mobs consisting of an Argent Lightwielder, an Argent Monk and an Argent Priestess:
The priestess drops lightwells, casts Holy Smite and Shadow Word: Pain. On heroic, she will also try to Mind Contol someone unless interrupted. The lightwielder melees and casts cleave. The monk has Final Meditation (on heroic only) which encases him in bubble at 1 hp and slows attack and move speed or nearby players, therefore, the monks should be killed last to avoid the other trash mobs from creating dangerous situations.
Eadric himself is mostly a tank-and-spank.
Healers should expect heavy damage when he casts Hammer Of The Righteous. Dispelling Hammer of Justice promptly will prevent this damage and permit the subject of Hammer of the Righteous to catch the hammer he throws and throw it back for massive damage on Eadric.
When he begins to cast Radiance, if all party members turn their back to him, they can avoid the holy damage. Melee can step forward until it goes off, then step back, or turn in place, as best suits their method of play. Because healers do not need to be facing their healing targets, healers can play with their backs turned to Eadric for the entire fight.
- Main article: Eadric's Cache
| || |
| || || |
| || |
| || |
- Are you up to the challenge? I will not hold back.
- Prepare yourselves!
Casting Hammer of the Righteous:
- Hammer of the Righteous!
Killing a player:
- You... You need more practice.
- Nay! Nay! And I say yet again nay! Not good enough!
- I yield! I submit. Excellent work. May I run away now?
Patches and hotfixes
Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Added