|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.|
* Please replace the old information with up to date information.
|Level 1-60, 70, 80-85|
|Loading screen of Eastern Kingdoms in Cataclysm|
Keeper of the grove
The Eastern Kingdoms (a few times called Azeroth) are the eastern continents on the world of Azeroth. The Eastern Kingdoms is made up from a group of smaller continents (Azeroth, Khaz Modan and Lordaeron) formed from the original continent of Kalimdor following the Great Sundering. The Eastern Kingdoms lie to the east of the Great Sea and to the west of the Forbidding Sea. The central part of the Eastern Kingdoms is dominated by the Khaz Mountains and the Redridge Mountains. Both cover several zones. The Eastern Kingdom's western counterpart is the continent of Kalimdor.
The Eastern Kingdoms include the three continents of Lordaeron, Khaz Modan, and Azeroth. The Eastern Kingdoms are the homes of the undead, dwarves, gnomes, blood elves, humans, worgen, and few remaining high elves.
Quel'Thalas seems to make up a fourth continent in some maps. Most of the time, it appears that the Eastern Kingdoms are divided into only three continents, as Quel'Thalas is shown as part of northern Lordaeron.
- Ironforge (in Dun Morogh, Khaz Modan)
- Stormwind (in Elwynn Forest, Azeroth)
- Gnomeregan (in Dun Morogh, Khaz Modan) (currently taken over by troggs and leper gnomes)
- Gilneas City (in Gilneas, Lordaeron) (fought over by the Alliance and the Horde)
- Alterac Valley - Alterac Mountains
- Arathi Basin - Arathi Highlands
- Battle for Gilneas - Gilneas
- Twin Peaks - Twilight Highlands
- Main article: Instances by continent
- Deadmines 15-23 / 85 (Heroic)
- Shadowfang Keep 18-24 / 85 (Heroic)
- The Stockade 22-25
- Gnomeregan 28-35
- Scarlet Monastery 29-40
- Temple of Atal'Hakkar
- Blackrock Mountain
- Stratholme 56-61
- Scholomance 56-61
- Zul'Gurub 58-60
- Karazhan 70+
- Zul'Aman 70+
- Isle of Quel'Danas 70+
- Abyssal Maw
- Grim Batol
This video will provide an "annotation adventure" which will lead you to other videos containing overviews of updated zones in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (courtesy of Jesse Cox).
- ^ Lands of Conflict, p. 17 Quote:...the Arathi assured them the land would always belong to all peoples and named the land as a whole in homage to their ancient ancestors: Azeroth.
Together, the humans constructed the fortress city of Strom...
- ^ Lands of Conflict, p. 17 Quote:The envoy explained that long after the destruction wrought by the Maelstrom, some of the survivors had made their way to northern Azeroth and established a new kingdom, called Quel’Thalas, and a new source of magical power, called the Sunwell.
- ^ World of Warcraft manual, p.106 Quote:There are no flight paths across the ocean linking Kalimdor and Azeroth.
- ^ Quote:The Argus Wake might run deep through the continent of Azeroth.
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, p.362 Quote:On both Kalimdor and Azeroth, war and time have left much of the land in ruins, and civilization is often limited to the land enclosed inside city walls.
- ^ Dark Factions, p. 11 Quote:but they exist on coastlines throughout the world — Azeroth, Kalimdor, and Northrend all boast tribes of murlocs.
- ^ Lands of Conflict, 11, 66, 77, 78, 176, 178.
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 85
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 33, 66
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 40