Eclipse is a passive druid ability learned at level 10 for druids who have chosen the Balance specialization. It is active while the druid is in caster or Moonkin forms.
Casting will cause the druid to gain Lunar Energy; casting will cause the Druid to gain Solar Energy. Casting will give Lunar or Solar Energy, depending on which the Druid has more of. When cast while an Eclipse buff is active, Starsurge will always cause the bar to move toward zero.
The spell will trigger one of two buffs when Lunar Energy or Solar Energy has reached 100. Eclipse (Solar) or Eclipse (Lunar) will stay active until Wrath or Starfire has been cast enough to move the pointer back to zero.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): The direction of the Eclipse bar now resets after the druid dies and resurrects.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): An Eclipse Bar has now been added and the mechanic has been reworked.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): (Undocumented changes) The two buffs granted by the Eclipse talent are now named more clearly. [Wrath] procs Eclipse (Lunar) and [Starfire] procs Eclipse (Solar). Previously, they were both named just "Eclipse".
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse. In addition, Eclipse now grants a 40% critical strike chance to Starfire and 40% increased damage to Wrath, up from 30%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The Starfire and Wrath buffs from this talent are now on separate 30 second. cooldowns. In addition, it is not possible to have both buffs active simultaneously.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): The benefit to Wrath triggered by casting Starfire has been increased to 30% bonus damage.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Buff duration extended to 15 sec and bonuses doubled. The cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.